Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

March 4th, 2017 09:00

0x0000007E(0xC0000005,0x805A14A1,0xBA4C32E8,0xBA4C2FE4 )

Hi newbie here

BSOD Stop 0x0000007E(0xC0000005,0x805A14A1,0xBA4C32E8,0xBA4C2FE4 )

Dell precision ws 670 running Windows xp pro Bios A05

Started with failed memory replacement upgrade

Not sure if upgrade to Bios A08 will help

Any suggestions would be appreciated

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 8th, 2017 10:00

XP doesn't support more than 3 gigs of ram.

This is the issue.

6 Posts

March 9th, 2017 11:00

Hi Speedstep  Thank you again for your suggestion regarding Memory

You are correct with regards to XP not supporting more than 3 gb but I have seen older post reported that the machine will still boot

I have tried booting with various combinations of matched ram 2gb  and also the 4gbs,the bios seems to recognize both pairs.  I took the liberty of copying some of your posts on a different thread to gather all in one place

I am at a loss where to go next, I did just place an order for a new Dell XPS Tower but would still like very much to get this tower back operational to run some of my relic software applications.

I have been trying to create a bootable usb (Both Dell and Ubuntu) to upgrade the BIOS but have not been having much luck.  The Dell bootable  boots to Diag C but will not let me execute the bios upgrades saying there is not enough memory.  No sure I am doing this correctly and I think using a secure usb does not help, I have been following the dell support articles SLN143196/en and updating the Dell Bios in Ubunta

I am not sure I quite understand their directions

Also in one of the articles you suggested on Faultwire for the 7e error suggest a hotfix was available one time for this at Microsoft for window xp sp2 Microsoft article 839641, apparently no longer avaialable

Thanks Much for your help on this  the rest of the stuff below is the other thread post that I thought should be gathered here

Thanks Bob V

Posted By SpeedStep

BCCode: 7E      0x0000007E

Cause

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check is a very common bug check.

To interpret it, you must identify which exception was generated.

Common exception codes include the following:

0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION indicates a memory access violation occurred.

For a complete list of exception codes, see the Ntstatus.h file that is located in the inc directory of

the Microsoft Windows Driver Kit (WDK).

Resolving the Problem

If you are not equipped to debug this problem, you should use some basic troubleshooting techniques.

Make sure you have enough disk space.

If a driver is identified in the bug check message, disable the driver or check with the

manufacturer for driver updates.

Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates.

Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

If you plan to debug this problem, you might find it difficult to obtain a stack trace. Parameter 2

(the exception address) should identify the driver or function that caused this problem.

If exception code 0x80000003 occurs, a hard-coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but the system

was started with the /NODEBUG switch. This problem should rarely occur. If it occurs repeatedly,

make sure that a kernel debugger is connected and the system is started with the /DEBUG switch.

If exception code 0x80000002 occurs, the trap frame supplies additional information.

If you do not know the specific cause of the exception, consider the following issues:

Hardware incompatibility. Make sure that any new hardware that is installed is listed in the

Microsoft Windows Marketplace Tested Products List.

Faulty device driver or system service. A faulty device driver or system service might be

responsible for this error. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts,

and IRQ conflicts can also generate this error.

If a driver is listed by name within the bug check message, disable or remove that driver. Disable

or remove any drivers or services that were recently added. If the error occurs during the startup

sequence and the system partition is formatted with NTFS file system, you might be able to use Safe

Mode to rename or delete the faulty driver. If the driver is used as part of the system startup process

in Safe Mode, you must start the computer by using the Recovery Console to access the file.

If the problem is associated with Win32k.sys, the source of the error might be a third-party remote

control program. If such software is installed, you can remove the service by starting the computer

by using the Recovery Console and then deleting the offending system service file.

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help identify the

device or driver that is causing bug check 0x7E.

You can also disable memory caching of the BIOS might to try to resolve the error. You should also

run hardware diagnostics, especially the memory scanner, that the system manufacturer supplies.

For more information about these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.

The error that generates this message can occur after the first restart during Windows Setup, or

after Setup is finished. A possible cause of the error is lack of disk space for installation and system

BIOS incompatibilities. For problems during Windows installation that are associated with lack of disk

space, reduce the number of files on the target hard disk drive. Check for and delete any temporary

files that you do not have to have, Internet cache files, application backup files, and .chk files that

contain saved file fragments from disk scans. You can also use another hard disk drive with more

free space for the installation. You can resolve BIOS problems by upgrading the system BIOS version.

Posted By SpeedStep

BCCode: 7E      0x0000007E  <-- read this

www.faultwire.com/.../SYSTEM-THREAD-EXCEPTION-NOT-HANDLED-

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating

Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Posted By Bobv1955

Thanks SpeedStep

This is Bob V responding.

I did not mean to hijack Curtis post, but thank you very much for your post which looks like it is aimed at my 670 machine 07e error

0x0000007E(0xC0000005,0x805A14A1,0xBA4C32E8,0xBA4C2FE4 )

* 0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION indicates a memory access violation occurred.

There are a lot of things in your post which I will need to go back and relook at, but in my journey of understanding the stop message parameters I found

Based on parameter 1 I'm thinking it has to do somewhat with the new memory I tried to install to correct an apparent failure of one of my original memory sticks.

In trying to determine the address of the driver (parameter 2) where the exception occurred, I think I am finding the mup.sys driver had loaded and then maybe the original power supply might not have been able to keep up.  So my current thought process is to evaluate the power supply and then maybe upgrade the bios from A05 to A07 or find something in your post that I have missed.

Once again thanks very much, as this is new territory for me

Posted By SpeedStep

7E is less complicated that that your hard drive is damaged/corrupted.

Disconnect the hard drive data cable and wait for the bad hard drive error.  Crash to black/Blue screen is very common for damaged and or corrupted drives. You should be able to F12 boot an ubuntu CD with no hard drive whatsoever.

ubuntu-12.04.5-desktop-i386.iso

No Events found!