Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 3rd, 2015 20:00

2 ports for something????

660s inspiron got in early 2012. model # do6s, type: do6s001, 64 bit, installed memory 8 GB, it's a thin PC, black in color, the cd/dvd plays in the right side (facing the machine) and they are loaded horizontally  

not sure what they are for, but if I could find out I might be able to use them. now in the front just above where you plug in a wired headset, there is a long vertical port. no name for It. and on the back just below

where the screen is plugged in  is another on. but this one has a label    HDMO. now what are these 2 , I think their called ports, used with. and is this PC able to read and use these sd things? I think that's what their called.   

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

October 6th, 2015 13:00

Card Reader 8-in-1 for SDXC, SDHC, SD, MMC, RS-MMC, MS Pro , XD,  MS Pro Duo with a MCSACM2 adapter.

1.    Power button
2.    Hard-drive activity light
3.    Optical-drive bay
4.    Front I/O-panel door (closed)
5.    Front I/O-panel door open button
6.    Optical-drive eject button
7.    Security-cable slot
8.    Power port
9.    Voltage-selector switch
10.    8-in-1 media-card reader
11.    Headphone port
12.    Microphone port
13.    USB 2.0 ports (2)
14.    Audio ports (3)
15.    VGA port
16.    HDMI port
17.    USB 3.0 ports (2)
18.    USB 2.0 ports (4)
19.    Network port

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

October 4th, 2015 18:00

See the setup sheet to ID those features. The one on front (#10) is an 8-in-1 media card reader. Reads 8 different types of media cards:

• Secure Digital (SD)
  • Hi Speed SD (HSSD)
  • Hi Capacity SD (SDHC)
  • Memory Stick (MS)
  • Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO)
  • Multimedia Card (MMC)
  • Multimedia Card Plus (MMC+)
  • xD-Picture Card (XD)

If you're using the VGA port (#15)  on the back to connect a monitor, the one below that is an HDMI video port (#16) to connect a monitor that supports an HDMI signal. Don't know if you can use both video ports at same time on this PC model, but I suspect not because there's no Intel Multi-Display option in BIOS setup.

No Events found!