Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 7th, 2009 14:00

4 GB Micro Sd HC card not being read by computer

Hello, I have a Dimension 9100 running XP.  I can use SD cards that are 1 GB(that was the biggest I had before), but now I am trying to use a 4 GB and my computer is not recognizing it.  I have tried doing the driver updates that are recommended under my peripherals, but no luck so far.

Does anyone have any ideas?

March 13th, 2009 11:00

I have a Dimension 9150 and went online to DELL support to ask if the TEAC USB card reader supplied with that PC would read a 4GB SD Card.  I was assured that it would but of course when I bought the card it could not be read.  i reported accordingly to Dell Support and was told that 4GB cards are HC (High Capacity) and cannot be read by the device. I was however able to connect my camera to PC direct using USB cable and could upload the images to PC using Photoshop Elements software.

Gerry

2 Posts

April 19th, 2009 14:00

Having the same problem.  Device manager says I have the Samsung SD card reader (the 4-in-1 reader).  I'm running XP SP3.  The Dell fixes I can find either apply to the Teac card reader(s) don't resolve the issue. 

134 Posts

April 19th, 2009 15:00

Your card reader doesn't read the HC cards, you will need to get a $20 SD HC Card reader... The HC cards are like the new version and you need a SD HC card reader, if you don't have one you can''t read it...

2 Posts

April 20th, 2009 05:00

Thanks.  Not the answer I was hoping for, but it is what it is.  Do you know of, or could you recommend a SDHC compatible internal multi-card reader that would replace the 3.5" unit currently in my Dimension 9100?

134 Posts

April 20th, 2009 06:00

You can try this, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820223110

Or do a search for SDHC reader and you should be able to find what you want...

Thanks

No Events found!