Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

December 28th, 2006 06:00

5.1 in vista

Hi!

I have an odd problem. Have Vista Ultimate installed. My Dimension 9150 have a 7.1 onboard soundcard. I have a 5.1 soundsystem, and that have worked without any problmes in XP (MCE & Pro).
Now in Vista I only get sounds from my two front speakers and the sub. But if I test the settings in controllpanlen/sound >> High Definiation Audio Device the test sounds is in all speakers. (High Definiation Audio Device is set to default by the system).
I also have Creative SB Live! Series (WDM) there, but there I only got two speakers.

Is this a driver thing, or is it a setting I must do (where?)?

I tryed to install the "old" sounddrivers for XP, but then the High Definiation Audio Device dissapera and there only was sound in two speakers.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 28th, 2006 09:00

Last I heard there are no Dell drivers, yet, for Vista.  Especially on the Dimension line since that is considered a "consumer/home" system and the Vista for the consumers is not due until about Feb 1.

1 Message

December 28th, 2006 12:00

Hello,

I have the same problem using Vista Ultimate, also the test are failing, only two speakers working.

I spoke with a support person from Dell and that OS is still not supported.

Also if you need to use the input/mic jack port as an input will not work.

1 Message

March 19th, 2007 22:00

Hi Mankan, I have the same problem. I just bought a Dimension E521 with an integrated 7.1 sound card, and have a 5.1 sound blaster speakers. The speakers work fine in my old PC with Windows XP, but not with my new Dell - Windows Ultimate. When I do the test in Control Panel, all 4 speakers and subwoofer have sound. However, when I use iTunes, Media Player or Real Player, only the front 2 have sound. Does Dell have a solution for this problem yet. HELP!!! Thanks. Simon

32 Posts

March 20th, 2007 06:00

Hi!

Have you downloaded/installed the latest drivers for your soundcard (vista drivers)?
If you have the SigmaTel (integrated), you will find the Vista driver here: http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=gen&deviceid=8907&libid=3&releaseid=R147075&vercnt=1&formatcnt=0&SystemID=DIM_P4_E521&servicetag=&os=WLH&osl=EN&catid=-1&impid=-1

After I installed the latest SigmaTel drivers for my soundcard, all speakers have sound.

* If links above dosent work, go here: http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=gen, you will also find other dowloads/drivers.

1.9K Posts

April 2nd, 2007 22:00

Does this helped you to fix it???
It finally worked on your system?

32 Posts

April 3rd, 2007 06:00

Yes, the SigmaTel driver did it for me. But I needed to configure the speakers, in controllpanel >> Sound.
No Events found!