Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

March 29th, 2013 07:00

7010MT Power Supply Upgrade "Type"?

All, is there a category for the type of power supply needed to replace the anemic standard PS that comes with the Optiplex 7010 MiniTower? I'm not sure how to shop for a beefier model and know it will fit and connect, etc.

I'm going to upgrade to a graphics card from the onboard and want to get into the 450W-500W range from the standard 275W unit.

Thanks in advance for any information, as the technical reference book for it doesn't show a category / type. Other posts list a Corsair 650TX and a Corsair AX760i -- if that helps answer my question.

Dan

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 29th, 2013 07:00

Earlier Mini Towers use standard EPS12V power supply.  Almost 100 percent of the so called

ATX12v power supply's below 550W are NOT EPS12V compliant and therefore will not work.

The connectors and case size should be standard.  Thats my guess but I don't know for sure because I don't have a 7010.

Visually looking at them though they seem to be standard size on the Mini Tower.

Smallest I would ever recommend is Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-620 620W EPS12V v2.91

www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

Antec High Current Gamer 750W Gamer Power Supply

There are BAD Vendors that Sell 550W and up power supplies that have all the right markings in the $19 to $39 range.

These are almost always FAKE Seasonic, Corsair, Antec etc and end up frying everything. If it doesn't cost $90 or more its probably FAKE and BAD and Fire Hazard.

Original Dell Part I believe is D3PMV

2 Posts

March 29th, 2013 08:00

Thanks for the reply, SpeedStep. Much appreciated.

No Events found!