Rozak1
1 Copper

Re: 730 XPS ShutDowns

Jump to solution

Wow this is exactly the same problem that my xps720 is going through. First few weeks i had it, got the blue screen. Loud noise in the fan area. Then complete system failure. They kept sending motherboards and processors at it, but it only seems to fix it for a month or so.

How did you get the system replacement? Ive gone through 2 motherboards,power supply, 4 gigs of new ram. new hard drive, a new processor. They told me that after 3 part replacements they would replace the system, they havent and now that my warranty expired this month they dont want to deal with it.

This sounds like they need to recall all these systems something is wrong.

0 Kudos
errohrer
1 Copper

Jump to solution

If your warranty expired, then I don't know.

For my own situation, I guess I should consider myself lucky that I got a replacement system given that it really started showing catastrophic problems (failure to boot) after 6 weeks, which exceeds Dells typical 21 or 30 day policy.  On the other hand, I think it boils down to telling Dell that they either need to fix the system or send one that works - but that line only carries any weight if you are within the warranty period.

I was fortunate - I was a bit timid since I was trying to keep myself at yelling in frustration at the tech support/customer service folks.  But after griping at them that tech support told me to talk to customer service, and customer service told me to talk to tech support, they finally put me on the line with a customer service rep. that steered me into saying that Dell either needs to fix my system or send a replacement - it seems they can't make that offer, but as a customer, we can make the request (again - within warranty).

0 Kudos
Rozak1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I pleaded and begged for them just to take it back, and replace it dureing my warranty. My warranty expired 2/20/09. But its been a non-stop fight with dell about this.

This is a factory problem, much like the automotive industry, but they will recall it and fix it. Dell doesnt want to do this.

We are all haveing the same problems, exactly the same problems.

0 Kudos
snowerw
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Same problem with my fctory overclocked 730HC2. still waiting for parts to arrive after having nothing but a paper weight for the last month because they didnt have parts in stock. Sounds like a common problem guess that explain while there are none in stock. All started with the computer just shutting down randomly within the first few minutes of booting up then it would not reboot unless I waited a long time and retried or if I just kept trying to reboot about 5 times then it may get through the loading screen. It would give some cpu frequency error and say to reset it but Im not resetting it as its factory Overclock. Then the system died, HC2 CPU pump failure message and shutdowns within 10 seconds. So here I sit broken hearted after paying obscene money for this paper weight on my desk waiting for out of stock replacement parts. Bad enough the system arrived dead and need the mother replaced when I first recieved it.

0 Kudos
maddawg1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I cant tell you how many hours I have spent both online and on the phone with Dell tech support to little or no avail.  I have tried to find an address or phone number for their corporate offices to express my unhappiness with their product and their support, again to no avail.  All I ever end up with is someone in India.  Some of my phone sessions have lasted up to 3 hours while I am shuffled back and forth to the wrong department, disconnected, left on hold listening to their monotonous music for half an hour at a time.  It has taken me two days this time to get a part number for my CPU fan that needs to be replaced and I'm not even sure that is my entire problem.  Next time I buy a PC it won't be from DELL!  Thats a promise.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

maddawg1

Dell Inc.
One Dell Way
Round Rock, Texas 78682 USA
512-338-4400

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos
maddawg1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

maddawg1

Dell Inc.
One Dell Way
Round Rock, Texas 78682 USA
512-338-4400

Bev.

Thank you, thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

maddawg1

emoticon.Yes.title

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos
gpawood
1 Copper

Jump to solution

My 730 finally bit the dust.  After two times in the repair shop under warranty, and now out of warranty, the H2C pump went out, again, fluid everywhere and cpu and mb issues.  I have finally decided to replace the mb with an MSI and upgrade to the i7 processor.  Never had my system working like it should have and had the same DELL SERVICE throughout owning my system.  All in all not a good experience.

Dell  XPS 730, Intel Quad Core2 Extreme processor QX9650 3.00GHz, CPU Liquid/TEC Cooling
4GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz over clocked up to 1600MHz
X-Fi PCI Sound Card
Blu-Ray Drive and 16X DVD+/-RW
Dual 1024MB Radeon ATI HD 3870X2
Three WD Raptor, 160GB 10K SATA,16MB Data Burst Cache
Dell 24” flat panel monitor, two Dell 19” monitors, Matrox THTG W/3 19” monitors
0 Kudos
maddawg1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

So, GPAWOOD, do you think you will buy another Dell?  Thankfully I didn't buy the liquid cooling for my XPS.  I wanted it but it was over of my budget.  I tried isolating my problem with Dell Hardware Support.  That was an exercise in futility.  On each of three seperate occasions they recommended replacing three different fans and then the mother board as well, not to mention trying to convince me to sell my two year old XPS and buy a new Dell.  They might be right about selling it, but I wont be replacing it with a Dell.  Why should I ever bother to call Dell Support again?  I can take their approach and just begin randomly replacing parts until I resolve the issue myself, lol. 

0 Kudos