Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2004 17:00

8300 Nvidia GeForce FX5200 DVI Connection to Sony Grand Vaga LCD

I connected my 8300 to my Sony Grand Vega 50 via Nvidia FX 5200 DVI out with a DVI-D cable the picture I get is to big for the screen. Does anybody know how I can change the picture size to fit, I can't see the icons on the bottom or the sides. I have tried changing the resolution, no change.

I have installed the latest driver package from Nvidia, no change.

I hope someone can help.

Skate 

1.3K Posts

September 29th, 2004 21:00

Had you installed the drivers for the LCD monitor?

5 Posts

September 29th, 2004 23:00

Thansk for your response.

I don't think so, how do I do that?

Skate

6 Posts

September 30th, 2004 14:00

It's probably overscan, remember, it's a TV not a monitor. Are you losing about 3% on the top/bottom/sides? If so, then this is the issue. The nVIDIA driver reads the EDID of the display and will only provide those resolutions.

Make sure you have the latest UDA package installed from nVIDIA. But, honestly, it will probably not make any difference. Some people use "powerstrip" application to help this, but I don;t think you can w/DVI from nVIDIA.

Overscan is present to allow the TV signal some garbage around the outsides w/out it showing up to you. Go to www.avsforum.com and look for the HTPC forum. Ask your question there.

6 Posts

September 30th, 2004 14:00

BTW, it may seem silly to overscan on a fixed panel since it is really a CRT type problem, but my Panasonic PT50LC13 does the same thing. I just use variable window sizes and size them for the screen and then have the task bar be 2 notches in vertical so I can see it well.
No Events found!