Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2014 14:00

A Real Bluetooth Problem For Dell Bluetooth Keyboard And Mouse

To All Dell Users of DEL2 & DEL4 Wireless Bluetooth Combo's and Running Windows 7 32/64bit STOP WASTING YOUR TIME. Forget DELL SUPPORT who cannot solve the problem anyway and just go buy yourself a new LOGHITECH Combo which works straight out of the box. After a Windows 7 Update my DEL2 & DEL4 Mouse & Keyboard jujst would not connect, I spent a week trying to sort it out. DEL Support tried their best, they even took remote control of my PC and after three different Dell Techies had worked on the problem for over five hours they gave me the following answer. We don't know why it's not working, try contacting Logitech and see what they say or contact Microsoft because we think it may be a Windows software issue. So I contacted Logitech who could not help because they have no idea what the DELL Product is and have no reference for it. So I contacted Microsoft Support who were as usual a total waste of time, they blamed both DELL & LOGITECH and insisted it must be a hardware problem.!! In the end I just gave up and bought a new LOGITECH COMO SET MK520, it arrived today and guess what, it worked first time straight out of the box and without installing any software, real Plug & Play.. And the problem is simple really the DELL USB" Bluetooth adaptor RBBxxxx has Bluetooth Software software inside it that is simply NOT Compatible with the latest (current) updated version of Windows 7 and that's a fact. So I threw the old keyboard in the bin and now use the old mouse and adaptor on my Notebook PC which also runs Windows 7 but only 32bity and I have switched off all Microsoft Updates as I now realise that if I update Windows to the latest version I will have the same problem again. My new Logitech MK520 Keyboard and Mouse are streets ahead of the old one and worth every penny of £45

8.8K Posts

August 7th, 2014 15:00

marlin1143

You have posted the exactly same post within the last two hours.  Once is enough, thanks. 

Z.................

615 Posts

August 7th, 2014 15:00

Hi Marlin1143,

Judging by your duplication of this post it's easy to see that you're frustrated. Since that particular Dell product is Mfg'd by Logitech I am surprised no one recommended you try the Logitech Connect Utility. 

Give this a try and best of luck!

http://www.logitech.com/en-za/support/11201?section=downloads&bit=&osid=14&prevOSID=

You might also have good luck downloading the SetPoint software. I do not have a DEL2 or DEL4 combo on hand so am not able to test this myself but if I did these would be the steps I took.

If this reply was helpful please remember to hit the YES button and if you need further assistance don't hesitate to contact.

No Events found!