IanJohn
1 Copper

A525 Speaker System

I have been given a Dell A525 Subwoofer and two speakers.  After hooking them up to my Dell Inspirion 531 no sound comes out.  I can't find any drivers for them either.  They only connection appears to be the power (240 volt wall socket) an orange plug (looks similar to the monitor plug) into the back of the subwoofer and a green jack lead from this orange plug, which i connected to the green plug at the back of the PC.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
7- Thorium

Re: A525 Speaker System

First, the speakers need the power supply connected to the mains as there is an audio power amplifier in the woofer. 

As far as connections, there should be a cable with a green plug and that plugs into the green speaker jack on the PC.  There should also be interconnecting cables that go to the small speakers.  I don't know exactly how they connect but they should either be color coded or have special connectors so they can only go into the mating socket. 

I've never seen a connection diagram on the Dell site so I can't point you to any documentation.

There are no drivers for the speakers. 

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
IanJohn
1 Copper

Thanks for your help.  At least it made me re-check all connections, and I have to admit I then found the On switch! Feel a right berk!.
Thanks again
0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Not a problem.  It's working. 

Cheers

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos