Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2015 13:00

AC511 USB Sound bar, U2415

I just purchased both these items and I'm connecting them to a Dell Latitude E7450. The only cable that came with the sound bar is built in to the sound bar and its connected to the laptop's USB.  I get audio but every few seconds I get a screech of noise when audio is coming through the speaker.  The driver appears to be updated and working properly.  It recognizes the Dell AC511 USB Soundbar driver. 

If I move the cable to another usb on the laptop, no audio is the result although I didn't try to reboot and retest.  I'm trying to determine if I have a faulty soundbar or some conflict or configuration issue that is resolvable.  Any help is appreciated.

Please note, I am not referring to the white noise that others have reported.  This is a noise that replaces all audio every few seconds (the sound you would hear when you change channel on tv and nothing is there just white snow).

Thanks,

Scott

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 5th, 2015 06:00

Apologies for not seeing your post. There is not a systemic fault with the AC511 and we do not consider this a flaw. The "white" noise was present but well below the Dell parameters dictated to the manufacturer for this $29.99 speaker. The screech is a different issue and sounds like a faulty AC511.

No Events found!