Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2011 12:00

AMD Radeon HD 6450 in the XPS 8300

I can not play my games at Full Panel sized anymore!!!!

I have a Dell 24" monitor using DVI to HDMI connection and when it was hooked up to my old XPS400 with the AMD ATI X300 128meg card, it had no problems expanding all my games to full panel size regardless of screen resolution.

Now using HDMI to HDMI connection and I have the latest Driver and Cat installed for the AMD Radeon HD 6450. 

Scaling is on and set to 100% (played around with every setting options) and nothing.

I'm missing about 2 1/2 to 3 inches all around the game window aspect ratio is correct.

I just don't know what I can try next.

Calling AMD got me nowhere they said since it's a OEM card they just donn't support them!!!

Nice Selling Point gotta love Tech Support :-)

Called Dell XPS Support but can't get to third tier support J

ust seeing if anybody else as the same issues and resolved

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

October 19th, 2011 13:00

Try setting Scaling--overscan to 0% or near zero in Catalyst Control Center.. This just happened to my monitor and resetting overscan  corrected it.

19 Posts

October 19th, 2011 14:00

Tried all of that and tried again just to make sure but, I believe the problem is the driver is missing the option to over ride game settings that used to be in the old driver and Cat.

You know pay more get less.

Probably cost to much to R&D and/or Dell didn't want to pay for it, to be fully to be compatable with all or most games.

No Events found!