I am having issues with the AMD Video Card 4350 when i install it, i get errors of amdkmdap has crashed and recovered and screen flickering. If i disable it in device manager my issues are resolved, but i think i need to have a video card?
I have a Dell studio slim 540
I contacted support and all they said was to do a system restore, which has not worked.
Please try updating the video card drivers from the manufacturer's website. You may follow the steps listed below:
- Click http://bit.ly/r4Tqut to download the 'AMD Driver Auto-detect utility'
- Follow the on-screen instructions to allow the auto-detect utility to scan the computer and help you with the latest video card driver installed in it
- Update the recommended driver
Restart the computer and re-check.
If the issue persists, try re-installing the video drivers. You may find the following steps useful:
- Access 'Device Manager'
- Locate and expand the category 'Display'
- Right click and uninstall the 'AMD 4350' video driver (also remove the software if prompted)
- Restart the computer and install the driver again
- Click http://bit.ly/KlcOf to access the driver support page
- Under 'Download Drivers' select 'Desktop Graphics' from first drop-down > 'Radeon HD Series' from second drop-down > 'Radeon HD 4xxx Series PCIe from third drop-down > Select 'applicable operating system' from the final drop-down to download and install the best video card driver.
- Restart the computer and check results.
If the issue persists, please share if you made any changes to the video card (Over-clocking)? Does the video card show any signs of over-heat?
Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. Glad to assist.
I followed the instructions to no success. I have tried downloading the drivers on Dell's website and AMD's for the 4300 series. Every time i try to re-install the system starts crashing again. I have gotten messages saying there is no driver or the hardware is not being recongnised and setup stops.
I get the flickering across the screen then the screen goes black and recovers with the same message. The only way i get it to stop is by disabling the driver in device manager.
I have previously never altered the video card and while looking at it I cannot tell if there is any damage to it.