2 Bronze

AS501 power adapter

Hi,  Which power adapter do I need to run my AS 501 speakers,  I just received my speakers but just now realized my Dell display does not have the power jack. 

Hopefully I could find the correct power adapter locally.  Does anyone know the adapter I need or what voltage the speakers use?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: AS501 power adapter

CaptCorey,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.\

These speakers were sold with a Ultra Sharp Brand Monitors. There is no power adapter for these speakers. Here is a link that may explain. No need for an AC power cord since the AS501 connects directly to the back of the monitor for powersupply.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=313-4037

Message Edited by DELL-Jesse on 09-12-200612:36 PM

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Re: AS501 power adapter

Thanks Jesse, 

That is exactly what I am trying to say....   I just received the as501 speakers and need the power adapter as my entry level flat panel monitor does not have the power jack...  the PA version uses a power adapter, the speaker bar is exactly the same.

In other words, we purchased a dell e310 with entry level flat panel monitor (without power jack) and later my wife ordered the AS501 speakers not realizing they need the power adapter.  My question is:  what power adapter do I use with these speakers?
it should be a common 'wallcube' power adapter.

Corey