Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

September 7th, 2005 04:00

Add and Remove Error Message

I am trying to remove Kazaa from my computer and everytime I click on add and remove I get this error message: Can anyone help? Is there another way to completely remove this? Thanks!

InstallShield (R) Setup Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

2.7K Posts

September 7th, 2005 08:00

hi you could download the free xsetup pro 30 day trial. its helped me with this kind of situation.... instuctions to use it.... click system/ software installation/ add removoe programs/ edit add remove programs/ click on kazza from the list/ click edit CMD/ copy it/ click start/ run paste it and run it// that will start the uninstaller... if that doesn't work you could always remove the directory manually, and delete kazza enteries using regedit manually... just back up your registry first

hope that helps

-0----------
Dimension 8300 ,P4 CPU 2.80GHz 800MHz BIOS A05 ,1024MB DDR-SDRAM 400MHz ,Sparkle 6600GT 128mb 500mhz/1000mhz ---Retired ---> GeForce FX 5200 ,BearPaw 2400TA Scanner ,USB 2.0 tv tuner ,NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD ,Pioneer 16x DVD+/-RW DL DVR-109 firmware 1.57, 256Mb-64mb Usb drives,Wacom graphire3 4x5inch USB tablet ,HP CD-Writer+ 8200,Creative SB Live! with subwoofer ,Conexant SmartHSFi V.9x 56K DF PCI Modem ,ADSL DSL-200, HP deskjet 3550, 120Gb and 160Gb seagate SATA,external usb2 seagate 200Gb ,15inch LCD, pci cooler, 7749 3dmark03, 3200 3dmark05, PCmark05 3364,

20 Posts

September 7th, 2005 14:00

I already used regedit and deleted also from windows explorer plus the program files and its still there. I'm going to look into the program you mentioned to see if that helps thanks. I'm open to any other suggestions too.

20 Posts

when I went to install xsetup pro it said I already had the newer version on here. so where do I find this. I tried calling dell what a joke that was I have an extended warranty on my hardware but no software if I want I can get a one time deal for 99 dollars. Pretty sad when they try to make a buck even when you have a warranty.

17 Posts

hint* dont ever use kazaa it loads your computer with spyware. if you are going to use P2p networking use Ares, Warez, Or Limewire...all the distorted music u get from Kazaa half of it is spyware

2.7K Posts

September 7th, 2005 19:00

if you already have xsetpuo pro do a search for xqdcXSPStart.exe, as that it the exe to run it

2.7K Posts

September 7th, 2005 21:00

hmm, how about reinstalling kazza over the top of it and then uninstalling? woudl that fix the error ?

20 Posts

September 7th, 2005 21:00

ok i searched for it and didn't have it so I unchecked check for previous copy and downloaded it now I have no clue what to do because I still can 't run add/remove for Kazaa still getting that error message. And thats the only program I am having a problem with.

3.2K Posts

September 7th, 2005 23:00

Kazza can be tough to remove . . Try booting into Safe Mode ( tap F8 as it boots ) and see if you can uninstall it that way . . if not, Dwn load "Kazza be gone" for a neat little program that has worked a couple of time for me.

You can find it at this site: http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Good luck . . wrs

4.8K Posts

September 12th, 2005 12:00

Angelicall,

You missed my pm, so I looked ya' up ... :)

-

There's a few ways we can try to remove it, but what we need to do is make sure there's nothing else on your computer that might be "protecting" it from removal. What I need you to do is post a HiJackThis log in the HiJackThis forum so we can verify that nothing else is running on your system that shouldn't be. Then we can begin trying to "unwedge" that from your system.

=====

Mike.

Message Edited by Midnight Star on 09-12-2005 08:25 AM

4.8K Posts

September 12th, 2005 12:00

Here's another note along the lines that klbf was thinking...

-----QUOTE-----

The free version of Kazaa should be uninstalled before removing the ad/spyware programs that are installed with it, because its uninstaller does not function after they are removed. (You'd have to reinstall Kazaa and then uninstall it.)

---------------

It would seem that if some "anti" programs removed any of it's components it won't be able to uninstall itself. In some cases, if the uninstaller fails (bad script programming) it could leave folders and components throughout your system anyways.

Be sure to get your system checked out though. :)

=====

Mike.

Message Edited by Midnight Star on 09-12-2005 08:33 AM

20 Posts

September 13th, 2005 00:00

thank you to both of you I finally did it and I can't even remember how but I did. But thanks for all of your help! Whats the hack thing you are talking about? is it a diagnostic tool? :womanhappy:

3.2K Posts

September 13th, 2005 20:00

Well done!
No Events found!