Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 12th, 2008 15:00

Adding Floppy drive Opti 755

Just got my computer swapped out at work. Had a GX280, now have an Opti 755. In the old one, I had installed my own 3.5" Floppy, as work does not provide it. I have the need to be able to transfer data that some of my test equipment dumps on to floppies, so I'd like to install that in the new 755.

I see the 755 mo'board has a connector for a floppy drive. Is this a standard parallel ATA (IDE) connector? Can I connect the floppy to that connector via a standard parallel ata cable? Also, looks like they changed power connectors on me. What happened to the old 'molex' connectors? Are cheap adapters available to get from the newer power connector to the old style floppy power connection (mini-molex?)

2.4K Posts

September 13th, 2008 21:00

The 755 uses standard floppy drive cable (34 pins?) and the PSU has a regular power plug for the floppy drive so look harder.

2K Posts

September 13th, 2008 23:00

OK, I'll look harder Monday. It's rather uncluttered in there, and I shouldn't have missed it, but maybe.

2K Posts

September 16th, 2008 02:00

Found the power connector. It was dressed neatly away against the side of the power supply.
No Events found!