Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2009 14:00

Alienware Aurora ALX or Aurora

I am considering  purchasing an Alienware Aurora or an Alienware Aurora ALX I would like some thoughts on which would be a better selection? This is a New line of Gaming Computers that Dell has basically taken over from Alienware. Give me your thoughts. In fact lets make this a new Club for the Alienware users.

21 Posts

October 19th, 2009 15:00

Thanks herig1

What do you like about the Aurora ALX  and what did you order. I am fixing to order, I had a XPS 435T and it was all fubarred. Got a refund and was thinking on getting either the Aurora or the ALX.

23 Posts

I have my ALX order, its EDD is 11-19, hope it isn't delayed. There is a Alienware forum. Look down the forums list and under Popular Topics there Gaming, click on that, and then you will see that the gaming category is divided up.

Machinima

Gaming Rig Talk

Gaming Talk

Alienware

Also check out www.alienwareniche.com

21 Posts

WoW!! Now that sounds nice. Tell me what was your take on the Overclocked i7 975 vs the plain i7 975? And if you have any thought on Video Cards. It would help to know who is the OEM for the Motherboard. I do like the ATI.  What is your take on the plain Aurora. Sorry for so many questions.

23 Posts

I order a XPS 730x at first, but after a month of delays Dell cancel it. Now I can say they did me a favor. The ALX I order has the overclock i7 975 prcessor, 12 Gb of RAM, Dual 5870 video cards. 2TB in RAID 10 for the hard drive, wanted to used SSD for the hard drive but it isn't offered. Originally had SSd's in the 730x.

23 Posts

October 19th, 2009 17:00

I'm into a flight sim which if very CPU intensive, the other guys that I fly with have said overclocking helps the FPS. Choosing  the overclock processor I hope will help with smoother and faster frame rates. Having the overclocking from the factory helps, since I might damange the system trying to overclock it myself.

I picked the video set up to future proof the rig, The Radeon 5870 can support DirectX11. And I pick the hard drive in RAID 10 for the speed, and  the peace of mind  if a drive goes bad. Had that happen once. 

Can't really tell you why I order the ALX over the plain Aurora. My thoughs were the upgraded ALX would have a better quality componets.

21 Posts

October 19th, 2009 19:00

Thanks for all the help, I think I am going with the ALX also. You have helped in my decision. I appreciate it and will tell you what I have ordered by the end of this week. Have a great day and give me a holler when you get your machine up and running. I would like to know if you like it or if you are having problems. Thanks again.

No Events found!