Beachin01
1 Copper

All in one 2330 hardware failure, reported problem before warranty was up and no response. Now Dell gives me the run around

First off, I am 51 years old and I have never purchased a computer that has had a hard drive die. I purchased this computer on April 18, 2014. I have had some issues since the start. The systems restore and other things but I am using it for work so I figured I would just take care of it later. Not having time. On April 6, 2014 it started having trouble booting up and I was not able to get on the internet. I thought it was maybe a driver problem. I called in and got disconnected twice so I went and filled out their online repair service report. A week went by and I was using an older laptop. No one had responded. I tried to call in again and had no luck. In the mean time I had a family emergency and had to fly out of state. I got back today. Tried to turn on my computer and it will not turn on. After researching it I ran a ePSA diagnostic and I get an error 2000 0142. Which is basically hard drive failure. I call them. I spend just under 2 hours on the phone being jerked around, the last person tells me that he can do nothing but escalate the issue and someone will call me back next Tuesday. I ask him for his number and suddenly I am disconnected.

I have filled out a report with my general *** Generals office and I will do more later. Right now I am so mad I can't see straight. All of my stuff is lost and it's my business computer.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DELL COMPUTER AS LONG AS I LIVE.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mary G
6 Indium

RE: All in one 2330 hardware failure, reported problem before warranty was up and no response. Now Dell gives me the run around

Hard drives fail all the time--new and old and in between. That is why backups, system image, recovery disks and copies of personal files are necessary. Drives are affordable and easy to replace. Sorry for your trouble. Buy an external hard drive for next time this happens. Make all the necessary recovery disks too. Nowadays there are no windows disks sent with computers. 

0 Kudos
Beachin01
1 Copper

RE: All in one 2330 hardware failure, reported problem before warranty was up and no response. Now Dell gives me the run around

I have two external hard drives. I also have auto backup via my internet provider. When I went online to check it it showed a general failure and none of my previous backups there. I haven't called to ask them what happened because Im a little too angry right now and it's gone so it's a mute point. I have never had a hard drive crash. If it happens I would expect it to be older and not two weeks after my warranty is up and related to a service request that Dell failed to respond to and now are washing their hands of. I took precautions anyways and contacted aDell. They did not respond. I have the proof and they are giving me the run around.

0 Kudos