shanemall
1 Nickel

Re: An open letter to anyone at Dell

Update: Earlier today, I contacted the rep who responded to my online query from Sunday. I asked him about the replacement parts, and he indicated that they still didn't know what the release date would be. At that point, I asked him about the possibility of just replacing the whole system, as this latest delay was now pushing the limits of even my py patience. He said he'd get back to me. 3 hours later, he hadn't. So, I called to check, and they told me he had gone home for the day, and would have to call me back tomorrow.

Dell, is this the level of attentiveness that your customers should expect from your customer service team? To wait for hours, for telephone calls that will never come? I'm not sure what sort of approach you've decided to take for handling customers who have been subjected to unreasonable delays, but this isn't the right one, I assure you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
muto
3 Zinc

0 Kudos
speedstep
6 Thallium

The unresolved issues link says "

If you have ALREADY contacted Dell with a Customer Service issue AND have a case number or reference number, please complete the form below. "

There should be a case number or reference number.

The other link is at the bottom of the page called feedback.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
muto
3 Zinc

0 Kudos
electromagnetic
3 Argentium

Are you in USA or UK, DELL has terrible tech support, and nothings done about this.

Is it WINDOWS VISTA  64bit or 32bit. emoticon.Smile.title

Maybe you are updating wrong software, the diagnostic tests give no errors.

Why not try Window 7 64bit. ?????  emoticon.Wink.title

0 Kudos
electromagnetic
3 Argentium

Posted by capa3400

replied on Mon, Nov 22 2010 10:01 PM

Suggested Answer

To anybody having trouble with their xps 630i,the problem i found is the xps 630i's run hot at just idle,then if you watch a video(You Tube) for example,the temp.goes even higher.I also found the same results when the screen saver comes on,so you have to turn the fans up to 45% to 50% not the 30% that the idiots@ Dell have it set on.As for gaming crank the fans to 70-75% in order for it to maintain the same temp. as the idle temp. when fans are @ 45-50%.

http://download.cnet.com/SpeedFan/3000-2094_4-10067444.html?tag=mncol;1

Use speedfan to check.

0 Kudos
shanemall
1 Nickel

Update: When I hadn't received my promised call back at 4pm EST, I called my so-called customer service rep to find out what the status was. He was on another call, but the receptionist assured me that he would call back, she couldn't say exactly when, but said it would probably be in about 2 hours. Not surprisingly, I did not hear back. So, I called a little while ago, and got the department voicemail, which said they were open until 5PM CST, which is 6PM EST. How convenient. Perhaps the decision to assign one rep to handle difficult cases, then not allow the customer to speak to anyone else, isn't such a good idea, if that rep doesn't feel like answering his phone or calling his customers back.

I did submit another ticket through the "unresolved issues" link, which may take up to 4 business days for them to reply to. It is now the 13th day my computer has not functioned, during which Dell tech support has been unwilling or unable to help me fix my computer under their hardware warranty.

I will continue to update this thread on a nightly basis. My intent is that anyone who is considering purchasing another Dell system (if you're on the Dell Forum, chances are you own at least one) will read it, and be fully aware of the level of support this company offers, when faced with a technical problem that is complex enough to require more than a reboot to solve. I also hope that the content of this thread eventually finds its way to someone of authority at Dell, so that they may better understand how their decision to go cheap on customer support has affected their customers.

If you read this, please don't bother pointing out that no one at Dell reads any of this. It's been said enough times, and I'm already aware of the other means of escalation that I can pursue. As I said, this is purely informational from here on out. Consider it a cautionary tale for future generations.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
shanemall
1 Nickel

Update: My customer service rep, "V," has finally gotten around to calling me back, 3 days after he said he would. It seems Dell is going to send some other RAM that will work with my computer; same specs, but just a different part #. That sounds slightly sketchy to me, but what the heck, it's hard to imagine this situation getting any more ridiculous than it has already.

I asked what the next step would be if this repair didn't correct my computer's problem, and he said we would have to wait and see, after the parts were replaced. Keep in mind, we're talking about a motherboard, both video cards, and all 4 RAM cards. If it sounds like Dell's solution is to just throw parts at the computer until something fixes it, then we have something in common.

Tomorrow is two weeks since I first called Dell XPS tech support. It's almost an anniversary.

0 Kudos

Shanemall,

Thank you for the update via private message. I have an email chain going with many eyes on this so we will get it resolved.

0 Kudos