Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 22nd, 2013 12:00

Attaching PS2 Dell Keyboard to Inspiron 580s Desktop - Will Any Adapter Work - Or Special Needed

My Keyboard on my Inspiron 580s has a few key faces that at worn to a point that I can not see a "Few" letters.  I have a Dell PS2 Keyboard that is "like new". On the internet I have seen Connectors listed for Sale but some mention "connectors not being recognized by PC" ( not sure if they were applicable to my situation). Will a fitting listed a just hardware to hardware connector work  or is there some special factor that I should consider ( I have a number of other PS2 Keyboards - Not sure why I kept them- but only one spare "Dell Keyboard"

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

April 22nd, 2013 13:00

dellfrank

You need to buy a USB keyboard, PS2 to USB adaptors are know to be problematic, for more information and to buy an adaptor that will work, go HERE

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

April 29th, 2013 12:00

dellfrank

Great find and thank's for the heads up.

Bev.

15 Posts

April 29th, 2013 12:00

I took a chance and ordered an adapter that " according to the product description" was fully compliant with PS/2 keyboard/mouse. I plugged it in and it works like a charm.   Have only had it a few days, but so far it has worked with Microsoft apps (e.g. WORD EXCEL)  and internet connections.

Got it on AMAZON for under $5.00 ( including shipping) .  Haa two connectors ( I guess I could also have added a mouse).

SANOXY USB to Dual PS/2 Adapter, for Mouse and Keyboard (Black)

No Events found!