Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2005 23:00

Audigy 2ZS - Finally Creative Posts a Driver Update that Works with Dell's Sound Cards !!!!

Finally, after a year of complaining, Creative has heard us.

Creative has posted a driver that updates Dell's (year-old) Audigy 2ZS driver without giving the infamous "Audigy 2 not detected on your system" error.

You can find the driver in Creative's driver downloads section under the heading "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy unified series Beta driver with OpenAL support 2.08.0002 (24.99 MB)" dated 21 Sept 2005

The file that is downloaded to your HDD is named SBA2_PCDrvBeta_LB_2_08_0002.exe.

I just executed this file and it ran without any errors or warning messages.

I checked the driver version in the Device Manager and confirmed that it is  Driver Version: 5.12.10.1162 and Driver Date: 29/08/2005.

I checked a couple of my games and all seems to be working fine.

2.7K Posts

October 12th, 2005 00:00

once the driver isn't in beta it might not work though. as its in beta testing pahse its not the final driver

9 Posts

October 12th, 2005 10:00

'once the driver isn't in beta it might not work though. as its in beta testing pahse its not the final driver'

So far, this driver is working just fine for me. I've tested it on several games such as Dawn of War, Call of Duty, Brothers in Arms and CounterStrike Source. As a matter of fact, this driver corrected a sound problem in Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood that I was having with Dell's driver.

I'll report back if I run into any showstopping problems with this BETA driver.

Cheers,

Aggisilaos

81 Posts

October 12th, 2005 12:00

Maybe I missed something, but no where does it say that this driver is for dell users with a sb card. This driver has been posted on the page since sept. 5th and is nothing more that a beta driver with full openAL support. I have a sb a2 card as well and have used creatives drivers for the entire time. Not once have I had the system tell me it couldn't find my card. I'm running the SBA2_PCWDRV_LB_1_84_55-R1 and EAX 4.0 SBA2_EAX4DRV_031031.exe and have been since they came out with no problems. Have you guys ever tried to do the auto update? Maybe that's the problem. Creatives auto update works pretty well.

Message Edited by troyboy30 on 10-12-2005 09:57 AM

9 Posts

October 12th, 2005 13:00

Those of us with Dell's Audigy 2ZS cards have not been able to update our drivers (from the original drivers contained on Dell's CD that shipped with our computers ) using either Creative's autoupdate or by downloading drivers from Creative's site.  Trying to update drivers resulted in an error message saying that the update program could not detect the Audigy 2ZS card. This is a well documented problem on these boards.....just do a search on Audigy 2ZS to see what I'm talking about.

These latest BETA drivers are the first drivers that have installed on my system without the "Audigy 2 not detected" error.

81 Posts

October 12th, 2005 13:00

Strange, since I have the same card and never had a problem.

2.7K Posts

October 12th, 2005 17:00

i think the problem is dell sells both its own oem and the retail audigy 2 zs, so depending on which one you have will depict what drivers you have,,, also depends on knowing what card you have either the dell oem or retail

October 17th, 2005 16:00

Okay, so installing it works. But that STILL doesn't fix the sound skipping problem I've had from the beginning. I'm just going to give up and buy a soundcard that bloody works, I think.

I mean, the choice I have to make here is ridiculous. Either I use Windows' built-in drivers and then only get to use three of my five speakers, or I settle for sound that cuts out all the time in exchange for 5.1 surround. Useless.

Message Edited by kikanjuuneko on 10-17-2005 01:01 PM

No Events found!