December 9th, 2011 21:00

Audigy Sound Blaster Advanced MB

Dell Dimension C521
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Service pack 3
AMD Sempron (tm) Processor 3400+
1.80 GHz Hard drive
512 RAM

I purtched a conputer 11é23é2006 ( one of many ) of Dell.
I paid for an upgrade to Audigy Sound Blaster Advanced MB.
When I got the computer it came with Audigy Sound Blaster Advanced MB disk and the key for the software.
The Sound blaster is not an removeable card but built right in Dells motherboard.
the hard drive crashed and I had to reinstall windows.
I try to install the Audigy (with the disk and key that Dell gave me) and It jumps me to Audigys web site.
There it says to install the key. The key that dell gave me is nolonger valid.
Now I have a computer with no sound.
PS.. I ve been to dells web sight and put my servise tag # in and installed the sound drivers.
Still no sound.

thanks brejake

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 10th, 2011 03:00

The "Audigy Advanced MB" is NOT a sound card.  It is only a software enhancement add on to the Integrated audio on the motherboard.  You will first have to install the Integrated audio and then the Audigy software enhancement.  

If the key is no longer valid, there is no extended software warranty for that so you will not be able to use it.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 13th, 2011 05:00

Somebody moved this thread to the Laptop Audio discussion board.  A Dimension C521 is not a laptop so don't know why it was moved here. Anyway, the question was already answered by fireberd.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 14th, 2011 18:00

Jim,

I have moved this thread to the Desktop Audio Board. If you need further assistance, please contact me.

Rick

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

What is the address?

4 Posts

I am not sure why this was moved either?? It is not a laptop.

I had to go to Creative's  site and request for a new key.

The same day , no questions asked, they gave me a new key.... They were great

I'm not going to get into the time I had to spend on the phone with Dell to get Creatives Email address, so I could request  a new key.

But all is good and running.

Thanks for the help..

brejake

4 Posts

December 14th, 2011 22:00

What good is the Email going to do for you ???

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 15th, 2011 04:00

I'm not going to get into the time I had to spend on the phone with Dell to get Creatives Email address, so I could request  a new key.

Well I interpreted that to mean that it is difficult to get the address. If you have the address and would share it you might spare someone else the time consuming phone process that you endured. The address would not do me any good personally but I collect information and disseminate it.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 15th, 2011 05:00

I'm surprised Creative even talked to you.  This is strictly an OEM software package (and discontinued) and not sold to retail customers.  I've checked before about this and the ony thing I could find on the Creative site was the info about it being an OEM package, nothing more.

4 Posts

December 15th, 2011 18:00

Sorry I would like to but I don"t think that would be a good idea.

The email address is probably for Dells use only (Not on Ceative's site) That is why I don't think it should post it in public forums. But if there is someone with the same issue as mine, they can PM me and I will give them the Dell support tech's Name,phone# and Ext that I talked to,

and you can get the email from him.

brejake

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 15th, 2011 19:00

Okay.

No Events found!