Highlighted
fijiborn
1 Copper

Audio Recorder for Free

I have downloaded a program called "Audio Recorder for Free" to download streaming radio programes. After downloading Audio Recorder when i click on the record button i get a messege in a box which reads like this, "Input Driver Error." I have got stuck over here. I have tried every possible setting. This is the new Dell computer i bought which came with the Vista. I called Dell help but they could not solve my problem. I will appreciate if someone can help me. Thank You. Jay Raniga.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
7- Thorium

Re: Audio Recorder for Free

The new/newer Dell's with integrated audio DO NOT have the streaming audio recording capability (what you hear or system mixer).  There are no 3rd party drivers that will work with a Dell OEM model.  Best advice, get a PCI SoundBlaster Sound card (such as the inexpensive Audigy SE ($30 US) and it has the capability and is a step up from the integrated audio.  Only drawback, you wii not have the front panel headset/mic capability (but that is with any add on Sound Card).

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos