Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2010 00:00

BSD's fatal hardware errors?

Minidump  http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/3524/4505.022510_2D00_35521_2D00_01.rar

I had the machine error free for a period weeks but since the 21st of Febr.  I am getting BSOD's.

Log: System

Source: Micorsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger

Date:

ID 18

Task None

Level error

A fatal hardware error

Reported: processor core

machine check exception

Error :bus/interconnect (internal timer?)

Processor ID6

It happens on various occasions, surfing, opening a video file, no pattern..

Mini dump included..see above

Any suggestions how to solve this?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 26th, 2010 05:00

Dell's have a diagnostic partition on the hard drive, accesed by F12 at initial boot.  Run a complete diagnostic as a first step.

58 Posts

February 26th, 2010 06:00

Thanks for your response. I ran the extended diagnostic test. All tests passed. No diagnostics found. Apparently no hardware failures..?

I included the mini-dump (in the first message) but I am not skilled enough to read the dump.

But… I would appreciate if someone could look into the mini-dump  and see if there is a more severe reason for the BSD’s or has other suggestions?? Thanks in advance.:emotion-21:

58 Posts

February 26th, 2010 07:00

5 Minutes after reporting the results of the tests I got a BSD again. Same fatal harware error.. I am running out of options...any suggestions please?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 26th, 2010 08:00

With the Processor and Timer mentioned in the error, it would suggest a CPU error.  If this is still in warranty contact Dell support.

Sometimes, on internittents, if you run the diagnostics for an extended period it MAY come up with the problem.

58 Posts

February 26th, 2010 11:00

Thanks Fireberd. Seems to be the last option...to contact Dell support. Nice weekend..

No Events found!