ozstar
1 Nickel

Back eSata not 'live' on the T7500

Hi,

I have just set up this box and all is fine except I cannot get any life out of the eSata plug at the back.

It goes to a 4 drive Addonics NAS box and it always worked on the old PC I had.

I have 7 pro 64.

Do I need to get drivers?  If so where please?

Thanks

oz

0 Kudos
4 Replies
beamermt79
4 Germanium

RE: Back eSata not 'live' on the T7500

Hello!  So I looked up the BIOS information in the manual and it wasn't very informative unfortunately.  The only thing that comes to mind is some BIOS has a setting where you can turn off or on the esata port itself, or its combined with the normal internal SATA selections.  I would double check that to make sure all your SATA ports are on.

0 Kudos
ozstar
1 Nickel

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

I did enable it in the bios and now it sees the box but only one drive not the 4 drives.  It is not set up as a Raid, just individual drives.

This is the box I have..   MST5X1PM-B-AU

http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/129138/HARD_DRIVE_-_EXTERNAL_STORAGE_TOWERS/Addonics/MST5X1PM-B.asp

I noticed that it says this..

***Please Note: It is required that the Unit be connected to a Port Multiplier compatible eSATA Host Controller for the System to see all drives. It is assumed that the driver for the eSATA Host Cotroller is correctly installed.***

Does the Workstation T7500 have this.

If not, how can I get it to work?

Would an eSata to USB connector work, or would I need a PM card?

Thanks

Any help please.

Addonics say to contact Dell.

Thanks

0 Kudos
beamermt79
4 Germanium

Hello!  Sorry for the delay.  After a quick search I didn't find anything that mentions a port multiplier card built in, so I highly doubt it.  I did a google search and it appears you can get internal and external cards.  If you go internal I would double check to make sure you have the PCIe slots available.  Click here for the quick search I did. 

0 Kudos
ozstar
1 Nickel

Hi and thanks again.

I found this which seems to be my answer.

www.techbuy.com.au/.../ADSA3GPX1-2EM.asp

There are only 2 displays in the slots as far as I can see so should be fine. Will check later today for sure.

0 Kudos