Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 9th, 2015 19:00

Beeps and Warnings After EVGA GTX 960 Video Card Installation???

This was my first time installing a video card into a computer. Everything seems to work fine as I am using my computer to type this message right now, aside from some minor annoyances.

BEEPING Annoyance

When booting up my computer, it would stay on the dark "Dell" loading screen and make 3 beeps. Each beep would be 10 - 15 seconds apart. Than it would continue to start up.

WARNING Annoyance

When the computer is on I would get an error message saying

"WARNING:

The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your AMD graphics driver, or enable your AMD adapter using the Displays Manager ."

Please assist Dell Community!

Thank you.

June 11th, 2015 03:00

Hi,

Yes the system does beep only in case of any compatibility issues as in with memory or any discrete cards. The compatibility depends on the motherboard BUS/CHipset as well.

Is the PSU wattage enough to support this GPU power consumption?

What is your system mode??

Regards
Hema

June 10th, 2015 04:00

Hello, 

What is your system model?

Have you tried updating the CATALYST control center, gpu drivers and BIOS?

Have you checked if the card is compatible to your system?

Regards

June 10th, 2015 08:00

Dell XPS 8500.

Uninstalling the AMD files made the warning sign go away. Still beeps on start up though.

Do you know if this is a typical Dell error? I've read that peoples Dell's would beep on start up and have a blank black screen and shut off. Not startup normally after the beeps..... like my case.

In my case the beeps are on the "Dell" logo start up page, 3 beeps and than goes to next loading screen than to the profile page.

The card is not officially compatible, but there are people on here that have installed it successfully.

June 11th, 2015 03:00

model**

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 11th, 2015 10:00

There are issues with some brands of ATI cards.  However the actual issue is more complicated.  An EVGA NVIDIA Card is not compatible with Catalyst Control Center . This program is an ATI DOT NET application and not for ANY NVIDIA Card.  If you want to use an ATI CARD it means you have to enable this in control panel for all the previous versions and then do many many security updates.  This annoyance has driven me away from most ATI cards in favor or NVIDIA.

You have to do this before you try to install drivers for win7, win8, win10.

No Events found!