Highlighted
Ecnad1
1 Nickel

Best Video Card fro XPS 8700

Have an 8700 arriving today. the stock video card will not be sufficient for my needs (gaming, photo/video editing) but it was a pre-configured system and I don't have a problem upgrading it.

What are the best options for video cards that will work with the 8700's power supply?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Best Video Card fro XPS 8700

Hi ECNAD1,

You can upgrade to any video card that meets the requirements of the system however, below are the video cards that are tested by us to work on the system:

nVidia GeForce GTX 660, 1.5GB GDDR5
nVidia GeForce GTX 645, 1GB GDDR5
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650Ti, 2GB GDDR5
AMD Radeon™ HD 7570, 1GB GDDR5
AMD Radeon™ HD 8870 2GB GDDR5

You may upgrade to any of these video cards as per your requirements.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US CustomersIndia CustomersFor Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos
BRUH89233
1 Copper

I have seen a few people put evga nvidia geforce 970 FTW in the xps 8700 and NOT upgrade the power supply!

0 Kudos
Dan-H
4 Germanium

I think the "best" card for an XPS 8700 is a GTX 970. a GTX 960 isn't a bad second choice, and depending on your budget, it might be your best card.

As already mentioned, GTX 970 has been reported to work with the stock PSU, but I don't trust the stock PSU at higher power draws. Personally I would not invest $350 + of a graphics card and rely on the stock PSU.

So it comes down to budget. If you have about $200, the GTX 960 is the better card. If you have about $400, then a GTX 970 is the better card, and I would buy a new highly rated, super high quality PSU to go with it.  If you have around $600, go for a GTX 980 and again, upgrade the PSU.

You can sell your stock graphics card and PSU on eBay and recover some funds.

0 Kudos