Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 3rd, 2011 13:00

Big Problem with XPS 435mt Dell desktop

So recently i turned my computer off for the first time and i get up the next morning to turn it on and all it does when i hit the power button is the power light just blinks orange once the fans turn once and it doesn't even come on or attempt to startup. I opened up my case and i see a orange light ont he motherboard by the number D27. Also when i try to turn it on the a light on the ATI video card blinks red.

I have an Intel x58 motherboard model number DX58M01. the power supply seems to be fine.

I don't have a warranty anymore it exp in 6/4/10. I don't really know what to do this computer is only like a year and a half old. Do you guys think i need another motehrboard??? Is there anyway to find out myself what exactly is wrong by certain lights etc on the motherboard???

Do you guys most likely think its the motherboard that went out or could it be a simplier or harder problem to fix?? Also how cheap would be a new motherboard for this computer if that is the problem????

Please help i use my computer like everyday and I don't want to have to go buy a new one.

Thanks,

William

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 4th, 2011 04:00

A blinking amber power light is a possible "system board" (motherboard) problem according to the Dell manual.  

With the PC powered off, open the case, reseat (unplug then plug back in) the cables, memory and any cards such as video, sound, etc.  Then try powering on.

Do you get any beeps when you first power on?  This can also help in troubleshooting.

The Dell manuals for your PC can be accessed at www.support.dell.com

11 Posts

July 3rd, 2011 22:00

hello

i have the same problem ,orange light on motherboard by the number d27 ,computer won't start

i have dell studio xps 435mt

any help please ??

19 Posts

July 4th, 2011 09:00

Hey buddy. What I do to fix mine is unplug the computer power pull of the panel and take out the motherboards battery. Its a little round circle battery. After i do this i hold the power button for like 55 seconds then put it in and do the 55 second power button hold again. Power it back up and after a few tries of this it turns back on. Crazy I know but it works I don't know why.

11 Posts

July 6th, 2011 20:00

thanks a lot i did what william su wrote , and it worked

2 Posts

July 22nd, 2011 19:00

the CMOS battery trick worked here too.  Frustrating situation...

11 Posts

July 23rd, 2011 01:00

well i don't know why but when i unplug computer from power or turn off the computer i have to take out CMOS battery out to be able to start computer again

whats the problem?

19 Posts

July 23rd, 2011 10:00

I have to do the same thing toolpan. I don't know why this is. If the power goes out or I have a power surge i have to take out the battery and play around with it till it starts very frustrating. If you ever figure out the replacement part for this problem let me know please.

19 Posts

September 22nd, 2011 14:00

wish someone would help us fix this matter so i can unplug or turn off my computer every once in a while without having to take out the CMOS battery and praying it starts back up.

11 Posts

September 22nd, 2011 16:00

well can't start my computer no more with that CMOS battery trick  i think for good now:(

if i know for sure that's the motherboard i will get it new one but who knows what cause the problem ??

19 Posts

September 22nd, 2011 22:00

All mine does now is the orange light blinks on the motherboard when i press the power button and the fan and video card fan just keep turning over and over but not starting up the computer. I don't know what to do from this point usually i can just pull out the CMOS battery and get it working again but thats not working.

Is there a part i can get to fix this? Can a salvage my PC and make a new one? What is the problem here?

19 Posts

September 24th, 2011 13:00

Its not my powersupply so it must be the motherboard. How much are new motherboards for our computers? Any idea what type of motherboard i need? Need help

11 Posts

September 24th, 2011 13:00

Williamlsu i think we need new motherboards...

check this thread we not the only ones that have this issue...

en.community.dell.com/.../19847276.aspx

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 24th, 2011 14:00

Williamlsu

You can buy a Dell OEM XPS 435MT motherboard from HERE, you may also, find Dell XPS 435MT motherboard costing less on eBay.

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

September 24th, 2011 15:00

Williamlsu

No, the operating system is installed on the hard drive, not the motherboard.

If a Dell OEM XPS 435MT motherboard is installed, there should be no need to reinstall the operating system.

As you intend to reuse the heatsink, plan on cleaning it's base and reapplying thermal compound to the processor.

Directions for cleaning and applying thermal compound, are HERE.

Only a small tube of thermal compound is required, this can be purchased from any online, or local computer store.

The procedures for replacing the XPS 435MT motherboard aka System Board, are HERE

Bev.

19 Posts

September 24th, 2011 15:00

Anything else i have to buy with the motherboard? Do i have to buy something to put the processor back onto the new motherboard?

No Events found!