Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 27th, 2012 13:00

Big problems with OPTIPLEX XE in our company | Problems with PSU

We have about 200 Optiplex XE computers.
Recently, several broke (about 50). 
Both diagnostic  lights 1 and 3 has begun blinking + the power button blinking with yellow light.
We got info from Dell that they had problems with faulty power supplys, but that this faulty PSUs wont be shipped anymore.
They have begun to replace both the motherboard and power supplys when a computer broke.
But recently many of this computers have broke again.

Are there others who have experienced the same problem with optiplex XE computers?

4 Posts

January 10th, 2013 11:00

I'm in the USA with the same problem on my XE

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 28th, 2012 07:00

This is a Dell User Forum.

This is not a Direct Dell Asia Pacific support forum.

Power Light State Description
Off
Picture of the diagnostic Power LED in the Off state.
Power is off, light is blank.
Blinking Amber
Picture of the diagnostic Power LED in the Blinking Amber state.
Initial state of light at power up.
Indicates system has power, but the POWER_GOOD signal is not yet active.
If the Hard Drive light is off, it is probable that the power supply needs to be replaced.
If the Hard Drive light on, it is probable that an onboard regulator or VRM has failed. Look at the diagnostic lights for further information.
Solid Amber
Picture of the diagnostic Power LED in the Solid Amber state.
Second state of the light at power up. Indicates the POWER_GOOD signal is active and it is probable that the power supply is fine. Look at the diagnostic lights for further information.
Blinking Green
Picture of the diagnostic Power LED in the Blinking Green state.
System is in a low power state, either S1 or S3. Look at the diagnostic lights to determine which state the system is in.
Solid Green
Picture of the diagnostic Power LED in the Solid Green state.
System is in S0 state, the normal power state of a functioning machine.
The BIOS will turn the light to this state to indicate it has started fetching op-codes.

December 28th, 2012 11:00

Why did you write: "This is not a Direct Dell Asia Pacific support forum"? 

I now what the problem is I only asked if other companys had the same problems with XE. 

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

January 10th, 2013 08:00

What country are you in?

Dell OptiPlex XE: Purpose-Built for  Asia Pacific, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados etc.

This is a user forum. The forum is not a direct access to warranty support for any country.  Warranty for example in INDIA is handled by DELL INDIA.

4 Posts

January 10th, 2013 08:00

I'm having the same problem with my XE. 2 days ago the power, 1 and 3 lights started flashing and it wouldn't power up. After an hour the lights went out and it functioned normally. Yesterday the same 3 lights started flashing when the comp turned itself off, and it took nearly 24 hours for them to go out. I'm nervous about trying to power it up again, I don't want to damage the machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated

January 10th, 2013 09:00

Sweden!

I know that this is user forum. I just write here because I just want to know if other users have the same problems with XE machines.

I won't get that information if you call Dell support ;)

January 10th, 2013 09:00

I mean: You I won't get that information if you call Dell support ;)

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

January 10th, 2013 12:00

We have about 200 Optiplex XE computers.
Recently, several broke (about 50). 
Both diagnostic  lights 1 and 3 has begun blinking + the power button blinking with yellow light.
We got info from Dell that they had problems with faulty power supplys, but that this faulty PSUs wont be shipped anymore.
They have begun to replace both the motherboard and power supplys when a computer broke.
But recently many of this computers have broke again.

Are there others who have experienced the same problem with optiplex XE computers?

3 Year Warranty Next Business Day On-site is standard

Pro Support is Optional. 

Extension of service is also not free.

Blinking Amber Power Light

Initial state of light at power up.

Indicates system has power, but the POWER_GOOD signal is not yet active.

If the Hard Drive light is off, it is probable that the power supply needs to be replaced.

If the Hard Drive light on, it is probable that an onboard regulator or VRM has failed.

Look at the diagnostic lights for further information.

1    Drive activity light                            
External power button connector

2    Wi-Fi activity light             
Diagnostic Lights (4)

3    Network activity light 1     
power light

4      Network activity light

Memory modules are detected, but a memory configuration or compatibility error has occurred.

• Ensure that no special requirements for memory module/connector placement exist.
  • Ensure that the memory you are using is supported by your computer (see the Specifications section for your computer).
  • If the problem persists, contact Dell.

Dell OptiPlex XE - Documentation

3 Posts

May 16th, 2013 13:00

We're having the same problem with XEs in our company in the Caribbean.  All started failing around the same time with error code 1,3 late 2012.  Standard replacement procedure is to change mobo and psu.  Before the problem started happening to a lot of our systems we discovered that Dell has discontinued this model for our region.  It is extremely annoying to have so many failures.  If it is a widespread problem Dell should be replacing with an alternate system.

No Events found!