Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2014 23:00

Bios updates

Morning all I have a little or big problem depending on how you see it I have a X51 still running Bios A01 no biggy there as my system has worked fine but now I am upgrading to an I5 3570, so I will need  to update it. So here is my dilemma as I have never updated the bios on any system before, I have had a quick Google and see that there can be loads of problems with this now my main concern is can I jumb from A01 right to the latest which I think is A14 or do I have to go up in the correct order IE 2 then 3 and so on. If the latter is the case how do I find these later  versions. 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 30th, 2014 01:00

Hi PabloDark,

Yes you can update to the latest BIOS directly from A01 to A14 version. The BIOS update is performed on the motherboard so changing of the processor will not matter.

5 Posts

May 30th, 2014 08:00

Thanks for your reply Ravi after sending the post this morning I managed to up date my bios up to A03 and system is working so is it still ok to jump to A14. The reason I ask is that there is a lot of posts where others have had problems with updates so far apart and the issues range from blue screen of death not booting not seeing more than one hard drive etc my real question around this is if it goes all wrong where do I stand as my  x51 is out of warranty

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 30th, 2014 09:00

PabloDark

Best to post in the Alienware Owners Club Forum, here:

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/default.aspx

Bev.

No Events found!