Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2013 09:00

Bios upgrade issue

Good evening

I've purchased: Dell optiplex 9010 MT Core i5-3470m

I've upgrade bios from 012 to A014 in windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, the update installed successfully, but when it make reboot automatically, the screen is black ( no video signal ), front power button show orange light every 1 or 2 seconds.

Every thing in the motherboard is working, like: fans, dvd drive..., but the screen is black

What should I do?

3.3K Posts

August 5th, 2013 09:00

Hi Omar177,

This can be an issue with the motherboard.

To isolate the issue, restart the computer and tap F2 at Dell logo.  Now reset BIOS by using Alt+F.

You may try to run diagnostics on the computer.

The boot menu now includes a Diagnostics option instead of the previous Hard Drive Diagnostics and Boot to the Utility Partition. This option runs a new desktop Preboot System Assessment (PSA) diagnostics and then launches into the 32-bit diagnostics on the Utility Partition, if they're available.

Restart the computer. At Dell logo tap F12. When the or keystrokes are entered correctly, the system beeps. Now select diagnostics.

Awaiting your response!

6 Posts

August 5th, 2013 15:00

Thanks a lot Rajesh,

Sorry for the delay, because I was at work

How can I reset the bios if I can't see anything on the screen, I've tried but nothing happend

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

August 5th, 2013 18:00

Power off, unplug, press/hold power button for ~15 sec

Open case

Remove motherboard battery

Press/hold power button for ~30 sec

Reinstall the battery (right-side-up!)

Close case and try to boot now with only mouse, monitor and keyboard connected

6 Posts

The power button on the front is lighting in orange colour not white ( like it was normally [ white light ] before bios upgrade ), and it lights in orange colour every 1 to 3 seconds and never stop

6 Posts

Nothing happened !!!!!

Please reply as fast as you can because I have to sleep

6 Posts

August 5th, 2013 20:00

Thanks to Rajesh and RoHe

I've only removed the 2nd ram and pc worked normally

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

August 6th, 2013 10:00

RAM should be installed in matched pairs. So if you removed one, it's not running optimally. Did that module fail or is it the motherboard?

Swap that 2nd module into the slot where 1st module is now. If that works, put the other module in slot 2. If it fails now, the motherboard probably needs to be replaced.

No Events found!