Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2011 12:00

Black bars on ST2310

Hey everyone;  for the past few days, there have been black "bars" around the perimeter of my ST2310.  It seems to be that the entire display can still be seen, as if the display has just shrunk.  The bars on the left and right side are the same size, a shade under one inch.  The top and bottom bars are also the same size, at slightly more than .5 inches.  At present, my resolution is at the native resolution (1920x1080).  When messing around with my resolution in an attempt to fix it, I have noticed that when changed to 1024x768 (4:3 aspect ratio vs the 16:9 native) that the bars are gone.  In my research in the past few days, I have seen 2 questions asked many times over, so I will get them out of the way now.  First off, the bars do not disappear when I run applications such as games.  Second, when playing with the setting for the monitor itself (with the buttons on the right side) I cannot stretch the display (I fail to see an option for that at all).  My Graphics card is the AMD ATI Radeon HD 5850, which as of today has the latest drivers.  Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Will

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 25th, 2011 21:00

Arich Manas,

The Ati Catalyst scaling default is set to around 7.5 under scan which causes wide screen displays to show thick black borders around all 4 sides of the display.
* Right click on the Desktop
* Open Catalyst Control Center
* Switch to Advanced mode
* Click the Dropdown Menu Graphics in the top Right
* Select Desktops and Displays
* Right click on Currently Active Display. This part is very crucial. There is a little picture of a tiny Monitor and tiny Arrow at the far bottom left of the CCC menu. It is this tiny Arrow that you left click on by the button that says Basic and the button that says OK. When you click on the little black arrow (not the Big Black Arrow in the middle of the CCC window, you will get the option to click Configure. Then the following 6 buttons will be available to you:
Attributes
Avivo Color
Scaling Options
HDTV Support
LCD Overdrive
Pixel Format
* Under Attributes, check the Enable GPU scaling box and the Scale image to full panel size
* Click Apply
* Select Configure
* Click on the Scaling Options tab
* Move the scale to the right until you get a full screen image 0%
* Click OK

May 26th, 2011 11:00

Thank you for the quick response, but unfortunately, it seems that I have a different CCC than you speak off.  the accompanying picture shows what I am presented with when I open CCC.  I also have selected the Graphics drop down menu, which is in the top left, not the top right like you version.  The "options" drop menu has 4 different options:  Hotkeys, Profiles, Preferences, and Help.

No Events found!