Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2013 11:00

Blue screen

I was having a problem that my laptop xps 1645 did not work due to a battery not holding the charge. I got a new battery and it charged up to 100%. I used it for 2 hours with only the battery. Let it run down until I got the exclamation icon. All of a sudden the screen turned blue. I have charged the battery again up to 50% and rebooted on the adapter and still get a total blue screen.

Can anyone offer any suggestions what the problem could be? I did try and system restore and that did not solve the problem.

Sorry this was posted in the wrong forum. Should have been in laptop but I can't delete it and repost in the laptop forum.

190 Posts

June 16th, 2013 11:00

Sorry this was posted in the desktop forum and should have been posted in laptop.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 20th, 2013 13:00

Hi Meggie13,

I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.
  2. Immediately at the Dell logo screen, starting tapping the key once a second until the One Time Boot menu appears (if the computer boots to Windows turn the computer off and try again).
  3. At the One Time Boot menu, press the arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, PSA+ or Enter ePSA, then press to begin the hardware Diagnostics.
  4. Write down any error codes listed. Reply to us with the error codes.

In addition, I would like to know the error code appearing on the blue screen. If it’s blank blue screen then please connect an external monitor to check if screen is appearing on the external monitor.

No Events found!