Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 17th, 2008 16:00

Bluetooth 350 Module and Drivers - CPU Usage at 100%

EDIT - Sorry, this should have been in the Laptops section.  Can a Mod move it??

OKay, I have a Precision M70 running (Win XP Pro) that did not come with the internal Bluetooth.  I ordered the correct card from Dell a few months back, but I didn't really have time to work with it.  A couple of weeks ago I finally got around to installing the drivers/etc. and have been using a bluetooth mouse and VoIP headset successfully.  However, the Toshiba drivers seem to bring the CPU usage up to 100% all the time - specifically the TosOBEX.exe service.  This, of course, makes things run a lot slower.

Also, when I try to shutdown or restart the computer this same service hangs and will not terminate, I have to kill it manually before Windows will shutdown.  When I come out of hibernate, I can not connect any devices - only a reboot will allow me to connect anything.

I have been doing a lot of reading over the last week or so to find a solution but nothing successful yet.  The best I found was reading this forum thread - http://www.notebookforums.com/thread130179.html  But using the Widcomm drivers the Bluetooth card was not even detected (BIOS still shows it though).

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, changed drivers, etc. a number of times with the same results - the Bluetooth works fine, but most apps are running slower (and it's a pain to shut down/hibernate). 

I am using the latest drivers I can find from Dell - driver package R115564 and patch R129472.

Any help is agreatly appreciated.  I really want to use Bluetooth to avoid needing the dongle for a wireless mouse, but this 100% CPU usage thing is really driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron

Message Edited by number11 on 10-17-2008 11:42 AM
No Responses!
No Events found!