Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

July 31st, 2010 19:00

Boot Up problem for Dell Optiplex 760

Hi, I would like to ask for your technical expertise concerning the Booting problem of my Dell Optiplex 760. Whenever, I'm trying to boot it up I received message " Interactive logon initialization failed". Initially, I was advised that I have to load original Dell Vista OS and that was exactly I did. However, after I pressed F12 and hit enter for CD ROM Drive, the system rebooted itself but received same response "" Interactive logon initialization failed".

Can you please advise me on how to deal with this problem.Thanks

PC Specs:

Dell Optiplex 760

E8400 @ 3.00GHZ

2.99 GHZ, 1.96 GB of RAM

Model: DCNE

2 Posts

July 31st, 2010 21:00

Hi Ron,

Thank you very much for extending your help. But rest assured I'm loading the DVD from the CD ROM Drive and I'm using original Dell OS Vista.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

July 31st, 2010 21:00

Isn't Vista on a DVD? Are you choosing the right drive from the F12 menu? And/or do you have the Vista disk in the right drive?

If you google that error message, there are lots of people with the same problem and a variety of "solutions", most commonly a clean install of Vista, drivers (in the correct order!)  and software. 

Ron

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

August 1st, 2010 18:00

But a CD-ROM drive can't read a DVD...

When you try to boot from the Vista disk, does it immediately give that error message or does it at least try to access the Vista DVD? Since you get the same error message no matter how you try to boot, it sounds to me like it's never even trying to access the Vista disk. Do you have another bootable CD or DVD that you can test, in case your Vista disk is defective?

What color are the 4 diagnostic LEDs on the front panel when it won't boot? Error codes are here.

If the system is under warranty, contact Dell Tech Support. Otherwise, you'll have to look at some threads on the internet about that error message and see if any of the solutions work for you.

Ron

No Events found!