New Dell Inspiron 3847. Braand new right out of the box and no audio output--never had this problem on my HP's or IBM Machines.
Is there a specific driver download link?
Mike and headphone jack is in the front under a pop-up panel--well hidden IMO! Manual is here--
Also more audio ports on the back. Light green is speaker out. Look under Views in the manual
* Press F2
* Open Advanced
* Open Onboard Device Confugration
* Open Onboard Audio Controller
* Set to Enabled
* Press F10 to Save and Exit
* Once back into Windows, open the Device Manager
* Click the + by Sound, video and game controllers
* It should state Realtek Audio Codec controller. If it does, then the driver is installed correctly
* Close the Device Manager
* Right-click the Speaker icon on the taskbar
* Left-click Playback Devices
* Right-click Realtek audio
* Left-click Set as Default Device
* Re-test the rear green audio out jack using standard headphones
I am having the same problem on a New Inspiron 3847 but have no external speakers. I cannot seem to find anything in the manual about an Internal Speaker or a pin out on the motherboard for an Internal Speaker. For my purposes, I will not have, need or want, external speakers.
Does the 3847 include an Internal Speaker or at least a MB pin out?