Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

December 6th, 2016 14:00

Bringing life to Opti 760 DT

Hello, 

I have purchased two older Dell Opti's in hopes of bringing them alive to be a somewhat good gamming PC for my young boy. The one I currently have a question about is the 760 DT. Not the Mini-Tower. The small form factor. 

My question here is what PSU will fit into this small frame? It is currently using a very low watt PSU. It is a 255W PSU. What PSU's can I upgrade this with? I am not able to find anything. Might be looking in the wrong place. I am also wanting to upgrade the Video card, but don't want to worry about that until I get my power issue resolved. 

Thank you for your time. 

If you know of some, could you please provide some links so that I can purchase them? Thank you.l

• 

16.7K Posts

December 7th, 2016 06:00

Dimond 3,

You  can click the link below for power supplies for your computer.

http://dell.to/2gaCNqZ

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 12th, 2016 08:00

The only upgrades would be removing the case and using outside.

7 Posts

Thank you. I was thinking I might have to do that. BUUT! I may have an answer. I will update soon if I do.

7 Posts

Unsurprisingly,  a Dell employee didn't actually read what I posted. Especially the part where I say that I want to UPGRADE from the current PSU to one that has MORE power. Your link is for replacing the PSU with a PSU that is equal or less than what I currently have. Try again please. If you don't have an answer, no need to post something that doesn't help.

No Events found!