RoughCoat
1 Copper

Buy Back on a 3 year old pc

Please give me the cost on a buy back on my XPS 8500, I would like to use windows 10 and this pc is not supported.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kirkd
5 Rhenium

RE: Buy Back on a 3 year old pc

The 8500 WILL upgrade to Win 10. Check the Web for successes. The major reason Dell will not support many 3 years or so older computers is because the hardware supplies, such as WiFi card manufacturers, will not supply drivers for Win 10. The upgrade installs working "generic" drivers for any hardware item that doesn't have a compatible drivers. If there are any issues after the upgrade, you can search for newer drivers. Many Win 8.1 drivers will work. The Web search will alert you to any problems others have had. If you look at my Sig, you will see three Dells, 8,9, and 10 years old that have successfully upgraded and work fine. I even have video drivers that support all the features of the video cards.

Post back if you have any issues that you can't solve.

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Please give me the cost on a buy back on my XPS 8500, I would like to use windows 10 and this pc is not supported.

RoughCoat

Dell does not 'Buy Back' used Dell computers, best you can do is either sell it on eBay, or advertise it locally, on craigslist.

Note: I easily upgraded a 9 year old Inspiron 530 MT to Windows 10, from Windows 7.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

RoughCoat

Correction.

Found out that Dell has a program for earning Dell gift cards by trading in your electronics, go Here:

http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/19/campaigns/trade-in-program

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos