Timk96
1 Copper

CANT FIND BOOT DEVICE - Bios issue

I accidentally changed some of my bios settings and now it cannot boot to windows 8, it shows the message: No boot device available.

I don't know what settings were altered.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.

I'm using a Dell XPS 2710 One

Thanks,

Tim.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: CANT FIND BOOT DEVICE - Bios issue

Hi Tim,

I’d advise that you load defaults in the BIOS. Please follow the steps mentioned below to load the BIOS to defaults.

1. Reboot the computer.
  2. When prompted during POST, press the <F2> key to enter the setup screen.
  3. On the System Setup screen, press the <F9> key.
  4. Press the <Enter> key on Yes to Load Optimized Defaults and restart the computer.

Also, I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

Please let me know the findings.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Timk96
1 Copper

I completed the tests and there were no issues, i also reset the bios to default. Both failed to fix the issue. Using a windows disc I found that the disk in which the os is installed is not labeled as a boot disk, which i fear may be the issue. Thanks, Tim.

0 Kudos
Timk96
1 Copper

Using a installation command prompt I ran diskpart and when I used the scanOS function no OS was found, if that's any help.

0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

You will need to reinstall the operating system. Please private message us back the system service tag so that I check and ship out the Operating system Disc/USB key. To send a private message, click on my name and select send private message.

0 Kudos
ndaud
1 Copper

i have the exact same issue.   can you let me know what i have to do to reinstall?  Why did this happen?  Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos