Zoder
1 Nickel

Re: CableCARD Issues on an XPS420

@DELL-Chris_M wrote:
chapmanjw,

Dell has not yet decided when or if it will include Fiji Windows Media Center TV Pack in future PCs. What has been decided is that none of our currently selling PCs and older ones will not be given Fiji since it is not backwards compatible to older Vista systems.

Chris,

Whoever is saying that it is not compatable with "older" Vista systems is completely incorrect.  The entire Microsoft "Fiji" beta test was conducted by instaliing the update on RTM versions of Vista.  The testers were also given the final executable to install the Gold update on their systems.  This is the file that's been leaked to the internet and people like Toronto have downloaded and installed.

0 Kudos
Toronto699
4 Tellurium

Zoder i was given the file  its was not downloaded,, its a genuine  official  MS  file. The greenbutton.com  microsoft message board has decide not to delete links . there are some very angry ehome microsoft ppl... as some microsoft ppl  think the packs should be for general release,, if things stay this way any OS updates will mean buying a new OS disk or buying the updates , i can see what the future holds and its not good.  
Message Edited by Toronto699 on 08-18-2008 09:26 PM
Message Edited by Toronto699 on 08-18-2008 09:32 PM
0 Kudos
Zoder
1 Nickel

@Toronto699 wrote:
Zoder i was given the file  its was not downloaded,, its a genuine  official  MS  file. The greenbutton.com  microsoft message board has decide not to delete links
Message Edited by Toronto699 on 08-18-2008 09:26 PM

Sorry about that.  I had read about the links on the greenbutton.com and assumed those were leaks of the official file.

0 Kudos
Toronto699
4 Tellurium

yes the links of the official file at the greenbutton,,  my file is not from any link ,
Message Edited by Toronto699 on 08-18-2008 10:40 PM
0 Kudos
Toronto699
4 Tellurium

My comment about Dell and Media TV Pack on Dell OS's  was not Directed At or to Chris_M  , Chris_M is great i have much respect for him and what he does on our behalf .. sorry if i offended  anyone .

0 Kudos