Highlighted
bangaaram
Bronze

Caddy for a secondary hard drive on Optiplex 9020MT

Why is the caddy not included with the system when you have provided space for additional hard drive?

Why is it you ask us to buy if it is not available in stock??

Could someone provide the price of it and confirm it is available, if I really have to purchase it (and Dell cant send it) for my brand new computer which is about 20+ days old??

BTW, I live in India

0 Kudos
13 Replies
styadav1
Bronze

RE: Caddy for a secondary hard drive on Optiplex 9020MT

What is caddy by the way?

0 Kudos
bangaaram
Bronze

Caddy is the hard drive casing.. 

0 Kudos
RobinBredin
Diamond

If you buy a 2.5 inch HDD for a desktop system, then you will normally get the caddy free. (Retail version only)

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
bangaaram
Bronze

It was not included with my old system.. Hence, the need.
0 Kudos
Retep001
Copper

I want also to add  a fast 2,5 SSD to my dell9020MT,

but we can not find anything to mount the drive

search for : HDD frame, HDD bracket, HDD caddy.

0 Kudos
speedstep
Diamond

Dell Makes a plastic insert to do this or you can use an ICY DOCK caddy. Dell Optiplex 3.5" to 2.5" SSD Dual Hard Drive Tray Caddy 0R494D F767D

The drive mounts into the R494D and then that snaps into the other caddy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817994064

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating

Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Support

0 Kudos
Retep001
Copper

I think you do not understand what i need, we do NOT need a convertor 2,5>3,5 but the insert  needed to mount de drive in the Dell case. There is a spre mountingplace in the minitower but the bracket needed for this is not  there.

0 Kudos
bangaaram
Bronze

@RETEP001 - If you are talking about the casing which protects and fits your hard drive to the slot in the computer tower, it is called as Caddy/HDD Bracket. Dell is not shipping an additional caddy with the system though they leave space for an additional hard drive. I bought one locally and have used it to install a secondary hdd on my computer.

FYI - If you call the Dell support and ask for it, they ask you to buy it and then the sales team say they dont have stock and cant sell it. Its better to find one in the local market rather than asking for something which Dell doesn't want to send it to their customers.

0 Kudos
bangaaram
Bronze

@RETEP001 - Also, there is a difference between 2.5" SSD and a 3.5" Inch Hard drive (HDD). The desktop HDD is a 3.5". If you are planning to install a secondary hard drive, then you might have to look for something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Drive-Dimension-Optiplex-Number/dp/B003BQSNA4

If you want to use a 2.5" SSD, then I agree with the other link which was shared by Speedstep..

0 Kudos