7- Thorium

RE: Caddy for a secondary hard drive on Optiplex 9020MT

OptiPlex 9010 9020 AIO HDD Caddy-Cage 28K79

I don't have one so you will need to pull the part and get the number like this one.

Dell Optiplex 9010 Metal Hard Drive 2.5" to 3.5" Caddy VVK9P

OptiPlex 9010 9020 AIO HDD Caddy-Cage 28K79

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
peteroftampa
1 Copper

i find this whole discussion ridiculous. Why? Because I have a BRAND NEW Dell SFF Precision Workstation T1700 which did not have a SATA *POWER* cable nor any caddy/enclosure for any drive.

The process was insane with Dell. I was told buy parts from NewEgg, Amazon and eBay. 

I ended up just getting a PCIe mSata card and attaching an mSATA drive to it.

Problem solved.

1. machine works

2. No longer using Dell ever again, going back to HP

MPL-tech
1 Copper

I am looking for the same thing and I found a seller on ebay that ships from China. Check the link to verify what you need. I want this item but it is too much and it might take too long to ship. The other problem is that I might not get it. I heard of problems when buying from China.

Please scan the link before clicking, just in case.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oem-For-Dell-Hard-Drive-OptiPlex-3040-5040-7040-MT-Bay-Caddy-HDD-2-5-SSD-Bra...

Please let me know if you find this item someplace else because Dell is not listing it and I would love to get my hands on two to upgrade my 9040.

Good luck

0 Kudos
msbenz
1 Copper

I'm in the same spot for my new 7040's, just got the same runaround from support: "We'll email you when it's in stock".

Pretty excited to run a whole generation of towers with RAID mirrors held in place with... Styrofoam? Cardboard? Thanks Dell.

0 Kudos