Highlighted
herry4430
1 Copper

Can i upgrade proc intel core 2 duo E4500 lga775 to intel xeon e5450 (hard mod) lga771

Anyone HELP me pls.....i have pc Dell Optiplex 775. i want to upgrade proc intel core 2 duo E5450 with proc intel Xeon E5450(hard mod).

Can I upgrade it? is it compatibility with my motherboard?

I read somewhere from the web...that my mobo actually can upgrade with proc intel xeon E5450 (hard mod) but must use  windows xp & upgrade to bios A20.they tell it work with update bios n change intel xeon...

1. first method i use, windows xp pro sp3 32bit  +  upgrade bios A19 upgrade A20(change proc xeon but failed) then upgrade to A21(change proc xeon but failed) then upgrade to A22(change proc xeon but failed) in this situation my pc can`t  press the button on/off, & button on/off change to orange colour & fan heat sink switch on automatic...(first method failed)

2. second method i use windows 7 ultimate 64bit  +  upgrade bios A19 upgrade A20(change proc xeon but failed) then upgrade to A21(change proc xeon but failed) then upgrade to A22(change proc xeon but failed) in this situation my pc can`t  press the button on/off, & button on/off change to orange colour & fan heat sink switch on automatic...(second method failed)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
9 Rhodium

RE: Can i upgrade proc intel core 2 duo E4500 lga775 to intel xeon e5450 (hard mod) lga771

The response of the system (no-boot with the Xeon CPU aboard) is your answer:  NO.  This system won't take that CPU.

Since the system won't boot with the Xeon CPU aboard, it matters not which OS you plan to run.

0 Kudos