Can i use this PSU?

hey everyone,

My computer is not turning on and im so sure it's because of PSU and i dont know what else i can do so guys...

so can anyone help me to see if this (AXLE) capable with dimension 3100?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
7- Gold

Re: Can i use this PSU?

Hi Haseebahmed7518,

How did you conclude that you have a power supply problem? In other words, please tell me about the power button light and the four diagnostic lights in back.

0 Kudos

I get to know that coz i opened the PSU and all the wires inside are burned so im sure thats the reasons its not turning on so can u pls pls help me to check if AXLE is okay to use with dimension 3100 ? plsssssss

0 Kudos
fireberd
6 Indium

Any standard ATX style power supply will work.  I would suggest getting a "modular" type instead of the referenced type.  There is very little room inside the case for the extra (unused) cables with a power supply and a modular type eliminates this as you only connect the needed cables to the power supply.

THIS is an example of a modular type.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

I get to know that coz i opened the PSU and all the wires inside are burned so im sure thats the reasons its not turning on so can u pls pls help me to check if AXLE is okay to use with dimension 3100 ? plsssssss

haseebahmed07518  

Sorry, cannot say, if the AXLE power supply is compatible with the Dimension 3100 and there seems to be no information about the power connectors and wiring harness listed on the website.

The following may help.

Because the 3100/e310 PC's have an open back panel, you are use most standard generic stock ATX power supplies, with either a 24-pin or 20+4-pin motherboard main connector, with or without the on/off switch and two SATA power connectors.

Bev.

If my answer was helpful, please click: Kudos
Forum Member since 2001
I am not employed by Dell

0 Kudos