Highlighted
2 Bronze

Can's Overclock My CPU

Hello, every time I try to overclock my CPU my computer never boots up again.

I have the 630 and the E8300 and at stock it runs at 31C idle and 40C load.

I OC just a little bit maybe a 100 or 200 FSB increase and my computer does not boot up again it turns on but thats it, so I have to take out the Cmos in order for it to work.

What I'm I doing wrong, and C1E is disabled and speedstep.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Re: Can's Overclock My CPU

Well, for my 630 to OC i needed to make sure that i set the CPU voltage and FSB voltage manually.  Leaving one or the other on auto would cause your problem.  I left mem voltage and chipset to voltage and I'm fine.

As of this day i still have not been able to get a stable OC while gaming.  I don't care that prime or occt runs stable for days.  If you can't play crysis for more than 10 minutes it isn't stable.  Though games can get rather finicky with OCs so maybe i'm just asking for too much.

I hope far cry 2 and fallout 3 won't complain about an OC'd cpu. Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

What voltages did you put?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
7 Thorium

viperman240

Overclocking is a bit of an art. No two machines will overclock exactly the same even with the same exact configuration. 

I would suggest if you want some more info on how to overclock your rig head over to my630i.com, or do a search on this board as there are severl theads on this subject. 

Home Built Sandy Bridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 GHz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 10 Pro

Forum member since 2003

0 Kudos