Highlighted
inverno4661
2 Iron

Can you change the balance output on a specific audio jack output with Dell Audio?

Hello,
My problem is this: I have an old  set of speakers such that the left speaker eventually stopped working.

Upon taking it apart, turns out the wire was just pulled away from the solder to the pins.
I replaced the wire and it was good as new.

After a few months of use, (once in a while use) the left speaker "stopped" working
I later discovered that it still works, but is very very quiet.
Such that, I have to set the right speaker balance to 9% and left to 100% to get the same volume from both speakers.
I took it apart today, re-glued the wires back to the pins, no difference.

So I am wondering, with Dell Audio client, and my Dell xps 8700, which has a front and back 3.5mm audio jacks, can I set the balance to the front port to be my 100/9 for the speakers, and 100/100 for the back which connects to my headphones?

I took a look in the audio client, but it looks like no such option exists.
Do I go looking for a new set of speakers or is there an easy option here?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
beamermt79
4 Ruthenium

RE: Can you change the balance output on a specific audio jack output with Dell Audio?

I believe both jacks are controlled and connected to the same ports and software so directing one to do one thing and another to do something different isn't possible as far as I know.  Maybe someone will have a different answer, but I don't think Dell's software is advanced enough.

0 Kudos