Highlighted

Can you put a Dimension 3000 hard drive into an Optiplex GX240?[PLEASE ANSWER!]

Jump to solution

my dimension 3000 has the blue screen of death.[stop:0x0000007E] and i want to know if you can put the hard drive from a dimension 3000 into a optiplex  GX240

i'm self-taught! but if you see me on here, you know what i need...[:^)]

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mary G
6 Indium

RE: Can you put a Dimension 3000 hard drive into an Optiplex GX240?[PLEASE ANSWER!]

Jump to solution

Hard drives are interchangeable. Yes you can install it in another computer--However-- the blue screen might be caused by a bad hard drive. BSOD is frequently caused by hard drive failure. Run the Diagnostics and include the Custom extended hard drive scan, not just the quick scan. If any errors are reported, replace the drive. Depending on your OS, usually you tap F12 as soon as you reboot to enter the Boot Menu to run the diagnostics. Don't wait for any screen, just keep tapping. 

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

RE: Can you put a Dimension 3000 hard drive into an Optiplex GX240?[PLEASE ANSWER!]

Jump to solution

GX240 holds LESS RAM than a dimension 3000.  You cannot run in a GX240 without total reinstall.

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x804E518E, 0xFC938104, 0xFC937E04)
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Is a device driver issue or malware

• If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup or after Setup is complete, the computer might not have sufficient ram to run Windows XP.
  • The computer BIOS might be incompatible with Windows XP, or it might have to be updated.
  • The video adapter drivers might be incompatible with Windows XP.
  • A device driver or a system service might be damaged.
  • If the issue is associated with the Win32k.sys file, it might be caused by a third-party malware trojan remote control program.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

listen. i dunno what to do about the bsod the dimensions CD/DVD drive doesent work so if i cant, how do i get it off the bsod without the DVD/CD drive?

i'm self-taught! but if you see me on here, you know what i need...[:^)]

0 Kudos