Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 11th, 2017 15:00

Cannot Update BIOS For Inspiron 620 Desktop

I have a Dell Inspiron 620 desktop.  It currently has a BIOS version of "A04".  I tried to update to version A10 but it did not update.  I ran the appropriate BIOS executable for my specific computer and it reported as updated but after it rebooted the version is still A04.  Any ideas?  Thanks to those offering suggestions. 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 12th, 2017 04:00

Try updating to A05 first.

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

Also - if you're running Windows 10, the BIOS updater is likely not supported.  You'll need to build a bootable flash drive with Windows 7 to install the update.

5 Posts

April 12th, 2017 07:00

I am running Windows 7.  Before trying to install the latest version (A10) of the BIOS I tried version A08 -  the only other one that was available on the Inspiron 620 driver downloads page. Needless to say that didn't work either. The link you gave me was for a Dell OptiPlex.  Will this work for the Inspiron 620 as well? Incidentally, I thought about installing Windows 10 but read there were a few driver issues from the sound to HDMI not working anymore.

5 Posts

April 12th, 2017 12:00

Thanks to those for taking the time to respond to my problem.  The Dell I was having the BIOS problem is a friend's computer.  It had alot of problems.  I reinstalled Windows 7 and it fixed pretty much everything including the BIOS update situation.  I'd like to reiterate my second question - has anyone successfully installed Windows 10 on their Inspiron 620?  Thanks again for the comments and advice.

No Events found!