Desktops General - Read Only

Last reply by 08-10-2000 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Cardreader problems

I just got my new Dell 2 weeks ago today. I can't figure this out. I have a USB cardreader (sandisk) that worked fine with my old system. You are supposed to plug it in , and then Windows Hardware Wizard is supposed to open, and install it. Also the drivers , which are displayed as .mpd files ? What do I need to do to get this to work? Dell Tech has been great, but unable to solve so far. Sandisk tech has been useless.
I'm not having fun yet.......Brad
p.s. that fan has got to go.
Replies (4)
Dell Technologies

According the user guide for Sandisk products:

Note to USB users: You must complete the software installation before connecting the ImageMate to your computer. Before using your ImageMate, it may be necessary to enable USB functionality on your computer. Since this procedure varies by computer brand, please reference your computer’s hardware documentation or consult your dealer to verify how to install USB drivers on your computer.

USB support should already be enabled on your computer. Make sure that you are installing all the software for the peripheral before attaching the drive to the computer. This should also install the drivers.

Once this is done, connect the device to the computer, and it should automatically detect.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Thanks. Actually, when the cardreader is plugged in, and I go to MYCOMPUTER it does show up. And it does work. I still can't get the driver's to load .mpd(?) , but maybe that's not neccessary if it's working.
Now, my bigger problem, is that my system crashes whenever I have cardreader plugged in, and I open another another program, specifically Musicmatch. I've uninstalled musicmatch, and reinstalled from their website. Works fine as long as cardreader is not plugged in.
Thanks......Brad
Dell Technologies

Can you provide more details on the crash? Could you please provide the exact syntax of any error message that you are getting? If your error message includes a Details button, I need you to click on it and provide the information included within, as well.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Thanks David,
My system freezes. When I have the cardreader plugged in, and try to open Musicmatch, it slowly tries to open , nothing happens, a few seconds later my mouse will not move. Con-Alt Del, doesn't even work. I have to shut off via the power switch. Everything works fine when it's not plugged in, but I do need to use this feature. Sorry I can't provide an error message for you, since one doesn't display.
Thanks for checking into this for me........Brad
Latest Solutions
Top Contributor