snowerw
2 Iron

Chris or anyone have a link to Chris's original 730 FAQ post? pre730-X

I have a 730HC2 that is factory overclocked, I been going through quite a bit of misery for the last 2 months trying to get it repaired by Dell and they will be replacing the mobo next. When they do that the new board wont be set to the dell overclock values. If I remember correctly Chris had listed that info in his 730 FAQ post. He also helped my through private conversations because the system was so new no one at dell tech could give me the proper values. However when they changed the forums apparently all my past conversations were deleted so I can not look back on them for Chris's input.

Also the original 730 FAQ had a lot of other useful fixes for the qwerks in that system. Like how to set up a proper profile for cooling control and which program should be unistalled to get others to work properly etc..

Thanks to anyone that can help

Just a side note, Chris why on your wiki page listing the xps models you didnt include 730HC2? I see you have the 720HC2 listed. I am thinking my 730HC2 was short lived and became 730-X and that is why I am having terrible response time on my repairs.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Chris or anyone have a link to Chris's original 730 FAQ post? pre730-X

snowerw,

The overclocking can be found in the Desktop FAQ. Open XPS 730.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
snowerw
2 Iron

Re: Chris or anyone have a link to Chris's original 730 FAQ post? pre730-X

Awesome, thanks Chris

0 Kudos