jackpace
1 Copper

Computer wont start

Jump to solution

My desktop has been slow to start from sleep mode for a couple of weeks. When I would try to wake it up, you could see the screen and the mouse moving around, but none of the desktop icons could be pushed and the quick launch bar (which was in autohide mode) would not pop up.

Today it would not wake up at all. The screen lit up and mouse moved around, but nothing else would happen. I tried ctrl-alt-dlt and nothing. SI pushed the front power button (short push) and it turned off - and now wont turn back on. I tried plugging the machine and plugging it back in - nothing. I tried removing the battery on the motherboard and putting it back in - nothing.

Svc Info-

Svc Tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag  removed per privacy legal>

Exd Svc Code:<ADMIN NOTE: Exd Service code  removed per privacy legal>

Mfg Date: 20110210

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jackpace
1 Copper

Re: Computer wont start

Jump to solution

I took every component out, cleaned the dust off and put it back in and tis working now. I'm guessing there a bad solder joint somewhere.

4 Replies
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Edit your post and remove both tag numbers since that is not allowed. Change that info to your model name and operating system. That is crucial.

0 Kudos
jackpace
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I don't see an option to edit the post, but its an Inspiron 580 running Windows 7

0 Kudos
jackpace
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I took every component out, cleaned the dust off and put it back in and tis working now. I'm guessing there a bad solder joint somewhere.

Highlighted
8 Krypton

Jump to solution
test
0 Kudos